Chapter 7: The talk with mum

*edited* ~ 15 / 02 / 2015

Hiccup

I couldn't believe this, could Tuff actually be right? I guess this means me and Astrid won't be getting together anytime soon. I needed to find out what they were on about. Maybe they had misheard something, I mean there was no way I was getting married anytime soon, right?

Seeing Toothless sitting worriedly next to the front door of my house, I noticed that I had left him here after escaping from mum. Hoping that he won't be too upset, I go up and give him a little tickle under the chin knowing that that's his favourite spot.

"Sorry bud, I was in a rush." I explained, earning a 'brr' in response. "We'll go for a ride later, OK? There's something I need to do first..." Toothless nuzzled me before bounding off to play with Stormfly. At least he's not mad with me, seems like - to most people - I'm kind of the bad guy at the moment. Let's hope it doesn't last. I quickly opened the front door, quickly being pounced on by Cloudjumper.

"Oh hey boy!" I said, pushing him off and then getting up, wiping myself down. Searching the room, I notices mum sitting by the fire. Looking closer it's obvious that she's holding something, dad's wedding ring, twirling around and around in her fingers. A tear gently rolled down her cheek. I knelt down next to her, wrapping her hands up with my left hand and wiping the isolated tear away with the other.

"I loved your father you know." she said, firmly keeping her eyes set on the blazing fire in front of her. "I was from another tribe too, an arranged marriage. Of course I didn't want to go through with it, but-" she pauses, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, "But, as soon as I saw him, I-I just knew he was meant for me, you know?" I had never seen my mum like this, it was so depressing.

"what, what are y-you saying?" she turned her gaze towards me,

"Hiccup, you-you need to understand, I didn't want to, I was forced into it... I'm sorry Hiccup you have no choice, you must go through with it..." What? She couldn't be serious, what about Astrid?

"B-but-" all she could say was,

"I'm sorry..." I stormed up the stairs and into my room. I held my head in my hands, pulling at my hair with all the force I could muster under the circumstances. Touching my face I noticed I was crying. Ignoring the banging on the door from my now sobbing and agitated mother; I fell back onto my bed, wishing for it all to be just a dream. falling straight to sleep after wrestling with my mind for hours on end. Lost, I didn't know what to do...

HEY GUYS! HERE YOU GO!  WOW THIS ONE I FELT WAS A STRUGGLE, I GUESS 'CAUSE NO ONE HAS REALLY SEEN THAT SIDE OF VALKA, OR HICCUP,  I GUESS! 

OK HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY! OMG I AM CRYING A WATERFALL RIGHT NOW! HA HA I'M SAD!  SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT?  WHAT WILL HICCUP DO?

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!