Chapter 4

(Alex's POV)

I didn't believe a word of it. Even though I wanted to stop her from walking away and shout "I missed you too!", I couldn't.

I walked back to my bunk, silent but ecstatic that piper had said what she said. Almost as soon as I got in there, Nichols walked in and started moaning about Morello. I think I was smiling because she started getting pissed.

"Hey, Vause, you even listening to me?"

"Hmm? I mean..yeah, I'm listening." I still could keep the corners of my mouth from curling upwards.

"Seriously Vause, what the fucks making you so happy?"

"Chapman..missed me." I felt stupid as soon as I said it. Nichols had problems and I wasn't even bothering to listen. And anyway, fucking Piper Chapman had bailed on me when my MOM died. Why should I think of her?

"Ooo great, dyke drama!" She actually forgot about Morello for a moment and continued to question me. I still wasn't listening.

"Hey, Nichols, I've gotta go sort some things out. Chat later kid." I got up and walked out and down the corridor to Pipers bunk. She was sitting on her bed painting her nails with pink nail varnish.

"Isn't that non-regulation?" She looked up, startled.

"Oh..hey." She put the brush in the pot and placed it on the metal cabinet.

I sat down on the bed next to her. Her hand was placed on top of the blanket, as she was drying her nails. As I put my hand down next to hers our fingers touched, as if we had both got electric shots, they bounced away from each other. We both looked up and looked in surprise at each other.

"I need to say something Pipes." She stared at me with wide eyes, womdering what I was about to say.

"I fucking missed you too Piper Chapman."

Notes - hope you've enjoyed this chapter! Sorry it hasn't been that long, I'm having a writers block! Vote and comment ideas please!