Chapter 6

(Pipers POV)

We didn't even manage to get started. Luscheque came round the corner and told me that Nicky was gonna do the job because she was "more experienced".

"Go back to the workshop inmate." I looked at Alex and mouthed 'I love you', turned away and walked off.

I hated that Nicky was working with Alex instead of me. I wanted to be with her every moment of my stay at Lichfield. Ugh, fucking Luscheque.

*

As soon as my work hours were finished, I shoved my tools back in the cupboard and ran to the laundry room. As I ran through the doors I could hear flirtatious laughter and bangs. I walked down the corridor to the dryers and saw Alex with her arm around Nicky. I stopped in my steps as they looked round.

"Am I interrupting something?...I...I will just go." I ran as fast as I could out from the room and to the track. Running had always been something I'm good at. When I ran I could forget about everything. Except today, I couldn't think of anything but Alex.

I ran for about two hours, I missed dinner and I felt like my lungs were bursting out of my chest. As I went to lay down I saw Alex running towards me. I put my head back and wiped the sweat from my face.

"Listen pipes, I.."

"Al it's fine. Really. It's cool" She laid down next to me and grabbed my hand.

"You still look sexy with sweat pouring down your face." I giggled and turned to face her. I couldn't stay mad at Alex. She tried to do everything or me and I sometimes pushed it aside.

"INMATES!" We sat up straight and saw Mr.Healy walking towards us. "SHU NOW! BOTH OF YOU!"

As two guards came running towards us we looked at each other and held tight to each other's hands. They grabbed us from behind and pulled us away from each other. I screamed and shouted for Alex but she got dragged away before she could hear me.

As they shoved me in the van, I was shaking and I wanted Alex. MY Alex. I had no idea what SHU would be like, but I had heard the story's.

As I walked into the concrete building I heard shrieks and shouts from the inmates. Questions ran through my head. How long was I gonna be in here? Who was I going to talk to? How was I going to survive without Alex?!

"This is your cell." The guard said in a monotone. As he opened a red concrete door, I came to see a metal bed, toilet and sink.

"How long am I gonna be in here?!"

"Until we let you out." And with that he shut the door in my face.

I slumped down and put my head in my knees. I heard people yelling about suicide and just moaning in general. It was awful.

A few hours later my tray came through the little cat flap in the door. Wow, a slice of bologna. On the top of it was layer of mould.

"Urgh that's disgusting!" I said to myself.

"Pipes?!" A voice came from the air vent next door...Alex?

"Al?!"

"It's me, Alex, yanno your hot girlfriend that got you in this mess."

"OMG Alex! Did you get the mouldy bologna?"

"Yep..I plan on eating nothing whilst down here."

"I miss you Alex." I felt tears welling in my eyes. I willed myself not to cry as I would have nothing physical to comfort me and that would make it worse.

"Babe, I miss you too." She sighed and her voice cracked.

"At least we can talk?!" I joined her sigh. I guess everything was gonna be okay...

~

Notes - have no clue where I'm going with this! Please help! Comment and vote 👉 thank you all for reading!