Prologue

Prologue

She leans against the black Range Rover, smoking her cigarette, and watching them. Her long boney fingers flick the cigarette to dispose of the ashes, as her cat-like eyes stay set on the happy group as they celebrate the brunette woman's graduation. Three more men join them, hugging the newly graduated woman.

So happy, the woman thinks irritably. No one should be that happy, not in this miserable world.

Her men stand around waiting on her for instructions. They seem to be attracting attention, standing out in the parking lot as people file out of the school. It must be an unusual sight, seeing a group of five large, burly men in suits and sunglasses with a tiny woman smoking a cigarette in between.

A security guard approaches the group. "Uh excuse me, there's no smoking allowed on this part of the campus miss," he says.

She takes one last long drag, blowing the smoke into the flustered man's face. "My apologies sir," her words dripping in sarcasm.

The security guard attempts to gather himself. "Is there anything I can help you all with?" He apprehensively eyes the emotionless men around the women.

The woman tosses the remains of her cigarette onto the ground before picking up her foot and stomping on it with her stiletto. "No, we're just waiting for someone," she replies.

She raises an eyebrow, as the security guard continues to stand there. "You can go now," she adds impatiently. He hesitates but walks away, looking back to eye the strange group.

She rolls her eyes before looking back to the people from before. They were walking this way. Her eyes linger on the dirty blonde who is laughing loudly at something the brunette woman said. She is holding hands with a darker skinned man and the other two men follow behind them. The brunette woman is now tucked under the arm of the older man, who leaves a kiss on the top of her head.

Interesting, she ponders.

The men around her begin to tense, but she raises a hand to halt them. The oldest man in the group catches the woman's gaze before eyeing the men around her. His brows furrow as he pulls the woman in his arm closer to his side. He turns to the dark skinned man and whispers something. He then looks to the woman and men in question, which then causes the two women to glance their way as well.

When the woman realizes she has got their attention she gives them a smirk, which makes the brunette woman frown and quickly turn away. The dirty blonde woman narrows her eyes at the woman, which causes her smirk to widen.

Her men watch on as the two women have a stare down. Finally the woman backs down, turning to her men who look at her in question. "Not today boys," she says simply and gets into the Range Rover, leaving behind a confused set of people.

______________

HERE IT FINALLY IS!!! I'm so sorry it took me this long to start posting the sequel, but my summer has been busy as hell. But I'm back and I'm ready to get this story going. I'm going to post some chapters today that I already have written and then I will try to post a chapter each week! I hope you're all excited and ready to see Charlotte's story continue! :)

-Julia