Chapter 14

Chapter 14

James and I were rushing to his car to head to Wayne and Luna's place. I tried to dial Alexander's number again, since he hadn't picked up for Wayne or James. He picks up on the third ring.

"Are you leaving me? Is that why you aren't home?" Are the first words he speaks when he answers.

Scared and nervous sobs leave my mouth. "Alex," is all I manage to choke out.

"Charlotte? What's going on? Are you okay? Where are you?" He rushes out, I can sense the panic filling him as he listens to my heartbreaking sobs.

James has silent tears running down his face as he drives. He tells me to put the phone on speaker so I do. "Alexander?"

"James? Is that you? What's going on? Is Charlotte okay?"

James' lip quivers slightly as he eyes me and then turns back to the road. "Physically she's okay," Alexander starts to question him, but James cuts him off. "Listen to me Alex, you need to head over to Wayne and Luna's place right now. That's where we are going."

"What? Why? Somebody better tell me what the fuck is going on right now!" Alex shouts into the phone.

"Luna!" I gasp. A sharp intake of breath is heard on the other end followed by silence.

"What about Luna?" Alex finally asks in an eerily calm voice.

"She was kidnapped Alex. Luna was kidnapped," James answers solemnly.

Another sob racks through me as silence overtakes us.

"What?" Alex gasps out.

"Police are at their place. Meet us there, we're almost there," James says and hangs up as we hear a loud heartbreaking shout and a crash.

We pull into their apartment complex and the parking lot is filled with police cars and officers walking around. In the middle of it all I can see Wayne shaking and crying as an officer tries to calm him.

I run to Wayne once we park and he grabs me into his arms, hugging me to his chest. "I'm so sorry Charlie, I'm so sorry!" He cries.

I hear James talking to Jesse on his phone behind us as Wayne and I cry together. "What happened?" My voice cracks as I pull back.

Wayne's face fills with regret and pain. The officer who had been consoling him approaches us and gives me a sad smile. "Your friend Luna was kidnapped right in front of Wayne. She was taken by a large group of suited men and when Wayne tried to stop them a few held him back as they threw her into the back of a range rover. He says there was a woman standing outside the car smoking and watching them with a smirk on her face. One of the men knocked Wayne out before they took off. Wayne here called us as soon as he could. We are trying with everything we know to find her and bring her home," she explains to me and I stare at her wide-eyed.

James who must have finished his phone call places his arm around Wayne's shoulders and mine. The officer apologizes and walks away to talk to someone else.

Suddenly a familiar car speeds into the lot and sloppily parks before I recognize Alexander frantically jumping out of the car. His eyes look wild as he sprints towards the crowd of us. I pull from James and step forward.

"Where is she? Where is my daughter? Who took my daughter? I'll kill them! I'll kill every last one of them!" He shouts manically.

One of the officers raises his hands and slowly approaches Alexander as if he was a wild animal who escaped captivity.