Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"No, please no more! No more..." I beg, but it's useless really. My words go unheard like always. I'm not sure how I'm still awake and breathing anymore. Even when I lose all hope and energy to keep going I somehow keep going, my heart still beats; my mind stays sane and aware of what is going on...

I've had to deal with this torture for months now, I'm not entirely sure of how long it's been since I told Gail to stop visiting me but it's been very, very dark since then. As soon as I stopped getting visits is when the real torture started...

"Take the damn pills girl," the witch of a woman demands. I refuse once again and feel a painful sting on my cheek. I gasp and hold onto my injured face. "Take them now or you won't like what Dr. Devin will do when I tell him of this."

My body shivers at his name. The devil that has been torturing me. No, no it can't get worse can it? What more could they do to me?

I reach out a shaky hand to grab the pills and water. "That was the right choice," the witch says as she eyes me to make sure I take it. As soon as I swallow she walks out the door and I slump against the wall in misery, knowing what will happen now.

But I didn't have to wait too long, the cage opens up and the devil himself walks inside. I can see the witch on the other side guarding the door as she always does.

"I heard you've been misbehaving today," he says with a tilt of his head.

My eyes widen in shock, "What?—I—I took my pills I swear!"

"Tsk, tsk," he comes closer and crouches in front of my slowly numbing body. "According to Nurse Whitney you were refusing your pills and giving her a hard time."

Despite the fact that my body was slowly losing feeling I still shook in fear. "But I took them!" I insisted.

He raises an eyebrow at me, reaching his hand out to stroke my face. I can't even make him stop since I can no longer move my arms. "Why did you have to be such a stupid, stupid girl? Why did you have to reincarnate? You should have just stayed dead Elizabeth," he whispers and my eyes widen in shock. Did he just—did he just call me Elizabeth? He knows? How is this possible?

"How?" Is all I'm able to get out.

"Oh Elizabeth, you have so much to learn, but I will not be the one to teach you nor will you live to learn the truth," he chuckles. "So I guess that just defeats the purpose huh?"

"Who are you?" I struggle to ask, but now I need answers.

"Tsk, tsk, no questions! All you need to know is that you ruined my life Elizabeth and now I'm here to make sure you suffer and if I have to find you in every life after this one, so be it. You will eventually succumb to the insanity and cease to exist just like you have done to my soulmate," his jaw clenches in anger as he mentions a soulmate. Soulmate? What in the world is this man talking about? Who is he? What does he mean 'cease to exist'?

Before I can struggle to ask anything else he stands and begins to unbuckle his belt. "If you thought beating you up a bit while you're drugged up was torture, you haven't seen anything yet Joanna," he spits out and I cry out in horror as I figure out what is about to happen.

My body falls over lifelessly as the snap of a belt whipping into me sounds throughout the cage. "Make another sound and the torture will only get worse."

My head is pounding and my vision is growing spotty from the pain of the belt. Black is slowly taking over.

_______________