Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I pull the dress up and admire my appearance in the mirror in front of me. This dress was absolutely breathtaking. I wonder what he will think of it... I struggle trying to zipper it all the way and huff in frustration.

"Need some help?" I spot James in the reflection of the mirror, standing behind me with a smile.

I turn and smile sheepishly at my best friend as he approaches me, "Yes please! I can't get the rest of the zipper," I complain and he laughs.

He zips me the rest of the way and stands back to get a good look at me. "Well damn Charlie you look stunning. Your professor is going to want to rip that dress right off you!"

I roll my eyes and let out a giggle. "He's not my professor and hasn't been for over three years now James," I scold him playfully as he chuckles. I turn back to the mirror, "It really is a beautiful dress isn't it?" I can't stop looking at it.

"It is Charlie, you might steal the show with it," he says honestly.

I turn back to him with a growing smile. "You look good too James. You clean up real nice."

He gives me a smirk and pushes me away from the mirror so he can look at himself. "Hey," I complain with a laugh. His white suit made him look tanner than usual, his green eyes sparkling with mischief as he pretends to model in the mirror. "I'm insulted that you used to think I was the weird one in this friendship," I tell him.

The door opens and Luna's head pops in, "Hey guys, the wedding starts in like ten minutes would you hurry up!" She doesn't even give James a second glance. We were used to his strangeness.

"I'm ready to go, James?" I look to him in question and he rolls his eyes before following behind me. We leave the room and I stop Luna once I see her fully, "You look amazing!" Her long dirty blonde hair was in loose curls with flowers intertwined in some strands. Her light pink dress flattered her as it flowed down to her knees.

She gave me a shy smile, "You look beautiful too Charlie!"

Before I can thank her James pushes between us, "Hello what about me?"

We just laugh and leave him behind as we walk into the area we were meant to meet. "Okay well James and I are going to go sit, see you soon," Luna says as the two of them go down the small runway leading down the sand to the seats.

I wait for my cue to go and then slowly begin making my way down the aisle with a bouquet of blue daisies in hand. When I get to the front, I take my spot beside Alexander.

He is smiling brightly at me, taking in my appearance. "Wow Charlotte I swear you get more and more beautiful every day," he breathes out quietly.

I kiss his cheek and thank him before turning back to the aisle, watching as my aunt walks down besides her soon-to-be wife Glenda. They are absolutely glowing with happiness. I see my mom from across the aisle, wiping at her eyes as she watches her sister. We take our seats as they reach the end of the aisle.

A hand intertwines with mine and I turn to Alexander who has a warm smile on his face. "That will be us soon," he says and lifts my hand to kiss the diamond on my ring finger.

I'm brought back to that day in my dorm, three years ago, when Alexander shocked me with a proposal.

_______________

"Marry me Charlotte O'Heir."

"Alexander—" I am in absolute shock right now. I was not expecting this... not at all.