Chapter 2: He's The Spy.

The morning had come but I haven't slept a wink. All I could do was how the hell was my brother alive. I didn't ask him as he was severely beaten up when he turned up at my doorstep.  Not long after he showed up two others did who I didn't expect to see for a little longer.

Caleb and Jace both stood in front of me last night breathing heavily as they tried to catch their breath. I noticed a few bruises and cuts on their faces, some of their clothing ripped a little but they weren't as bad as Miles was.

Ryan helped me take my beaten and semi-unconscious brother to one of the spare bedrooms where he's still sleeping now. I could help but just stare at him for a while whilst everyone else left the room. My brother was really here, right in front of me. I just don't understand because I watched him die right in front of my eyes.

Mason told me he killed him just because he was fed up with how close we are and that Miles was the leader of the dragons. My mystery stalker ended them once and for all last year when I was still living in England. I have no idea how though.

I took a glance over at Ryan who was sleeping peacefully next to me with one of his arms behind his head whilst the other was laying across my chest. Some loud thuds coming from downstairs made me sit up and crawl out of bed. I quickly changed into some clothes, brushed my hair and teeth before leaving my bedroom and making my way down to see what the commotion was about.

As I entered my living room I noticed my dad holding Mila as he spoke to one of my trusted men. His name was Tonie Palmer who was our getaway driver in some of the jobs we do. Most of the time he didn't speak to anyone but me or the inner circle. 

Mila started giggling as soon as she saw me making me smile so brightly at how cute she is.

"Morning pumpkin, how did you sleep?" My dad asked as he handed over my daughter. I placed a gentle kiss on both of her soft cheeks before turning my attention to my dad.

"Could have been better, which reminds me. I have something to tell you"

"Go on..." I was just about to tell my dad when a certain boy walked into the room making my dad's eyes go wide in shock, tears glazing over which meant his son has just come in.

"Miles?" I spun around to face him. Now I could see him clearly as it was daylight now. He has lost so much weight and looked absolutely awful with all of his bruises and cuts which angered me a little.

My brother looked at us with so much sadness in his eyes that broke my heart, he started to walk towards us without looking away. As he stood in front of us I could hear my dad sniffle a little which made some of my tears fall down my face with how happy I was right now to have him back.

He can be the fun and caring uncle that I used to dream about for my little girl. He smiled faintly at the both of us till his eyes drifted down to Mila. 

"Who's this?" My brother asked as gently placed his finger out for her to hold which she did. Her giggles becoming louder making us all chuckle.

"This is my daughter Mila, your niece" I spoke softly. Miles lifted his head till his eyes met mine and I could see so many emotions flash through his blue orbs which matched mine. My dad wrapped his arms around all three of us bringing us in for a hug. I started to cry on Miles' shoulder still trying to get my head around all of this.

As they both let go of me Caleb walked into the room. His gaze went straight to me and that's when I remember, why the hell is he here. He's Wests brother which makes him the enemy. I care an awful lot about him but I needed answers. I placed my daughter In my brother's arms and stormed right up to Caleb gripping him by his shirt and dragging him into another room away from everyone.

As soon as we entered the kitchen I slammed him against the wall not letting go of him. He didn't seem fazed at all by my actions.

"What are you doing here Caleb?" I yelled making him smile.

Is he seriously smiling? What an idiot.

"It's lovely to see you again beautiful" His smile widened even more before he placed both of his hands on my shoulders and spinning me around till my back hit the wall.

"I missed this" He whispered.

"Get to the point Caleb, is West with you?" 

"No, he isn't, me and Jace left him back in England. He's changed Hope, I can't recognize my own brother anymore. He's literally turned crazy over the year trying to find you and his daughter, he won't stop. He's killed so many people thinking they are apart of your gang." He looked away trying to hide how sad he is that his brother has lost the plot.

I took his hand in mind giving it a little squeeze. "It's not your fault okay, I know your thinking that but it isn't true so get that ridiculous thought out of your head. How has he found me?" I asked still holding his hand.

"He knows your in Canada but he doesn't know where exactly. I found you because of Jace" He muttered the last words which I nearly missed it was that quiet. The kitchen door opened revealing Jace, Ryan, and Miles. They all stood behind Caleb giving us odd looks. 

Ryan's eyes shifted to our joined hands but I didn't let go, I had nothing to hide.

Miles passed me Mila who I held with my free arm. She was just looking around at everybody with curious eyes, the silver specs glimmering like her fathers.

"Wait what do you mean Jace found me?" I noticed Jace stiffen, his eyes glued to the marble floor.

I slipped my hand out of Calebs and stalked towards him till he was right in front of me, but he still wouldn't look at me.

"Jace, how did you find me?" I asked curiously.

He still refused which made me snap into leader mode, I gripped onto his stubbled chin making him look at me this time. His eyes closed for a few seconds till they opened again. Jace was guilty of something and I needed to know right now.

"Lo siento" (I'm sorry) He whispered. His hand reached into his jean pockets and he pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. I yanked it out of his hands. It was a note.

I hope you enjoyed your time away Bambi but enough is enough, you will come out of hiding before I lose my patience. I have waited over ten years for you now, but no more.  I can't wait to see you again my love. I trust Jace brought you your brother back in one piece, let's say it's an early engagement gift from me to you but If you aren't back soon then you will pay the consequences.

All my love Ashton x

As I finished reading it my mind was racing with questions. where the hell have I heard that name before? Engagement? I don't fucking think so buddy. My biggest question right now is how is Jace involved in all of this.

"Hope" I turned my head so I was facing Caleb.

I brought Mila closer to my chest, feeling her light breaths against my skin as she slept on me.

"What is it?" All of the boys looked at me, all of them obviously worried about how I'm going to react to whatever Caleb had to say.

"Jace was the spy"

That's when I saw red.

How will Hope react to Jace being the spy?

Vote and Comment.

Ciao!X