Chapter 19: The Truth.

Well, this is great.

Here I was trying to take them down by myself or at least to try and get some answers but the seven idiots decided to show up instead, Noah probably told them where I was heading.

Xavier was stood to my right and Noah was stood to my left.

All of them looked pissed at me. I rolled my eyes and turned away from their glares and hard looks, paying attention back to Michael who was now grinning.

"Well how lovely, I see that you have the mafia on your side, Hope. West was not expecting this" He said.

"He will be pissed that Miles is alive though" Then he laughed, the other joining in.

"Don't" Miles snarled towards him.

My head snapped towards him but he was just staring at Michael who looked to be enjoying all of this a little too much. What does Michael mean by that? And why is Miles trying to stop him from talking?

Rose was still stood in the corner gazing at us all as she twirled her orangy blonde hair around her skinny fingers with a bright pink coated on her nails.

She was wearing a tight white dress that just passed her arse whilst her chest area looked to be suffocating. Well, she hasn't changed much since college, still dresses and acts like a desperate slut. I'm surprised anyone would be able to remember her actual face since its always plastered with clown makeup.

I would do anything to rip that plastic head off her right now.

"Come on Miles, you cant protect your sister forever. She will eventually find out the truth, maybe it will actually give her the push to try and kill West because obviously killing Lily didn't have any effect on her" He taunted.

My mouth became dry and my heartbeat started to increase. I walked over to Miles ignoring everyone's stares that were aimed at me.

Michaels men didn't lower their guns but I knew none of them had a finger over the trigger. Idiots.

I stood in front of my brother, trying to look into his eyes but he refused to look into mine as he was looking in every direction but mine. I became agitated so I gripped both his cheeks to keep his head still. His jaw locked and his eyes closed quickly.

"Tell her or I will Miles, I can't wait for a good fight" Michael yelled.

"What are you not telling me, Miles?" I asked.

"I can't tell you" He took a deep breath and opened his now teary eyes.

"Tell me now," I said sternly.

I couldn't break down or show any kind of weakness in front of West's men as I am the leader of the headhunters. The light from the sun was rising as it spread through the room that was silent, only heavy breathing was heard or the sound of someone shuffling around.

The constant tapping of fingers against a phone. Rose was typing away and I had an awful feeling she was gathering more men.

"Miles tell me now" I begged.

"Just tell her dude," Caleb said breaking the silence. He knows as well.

Miles looked into my blue eyes for a moment before sighing, I dropped my hands so they were dangling by my sides now.

"Mason wasn't behind any of this, well he did the damage but he was just a puppet being controlled. Somebody else wanted me dead, these people were the reason everything happened to you a year ago" His voice was quiet like if he spoke any louder I would break.