Chapter 21: Time to say goodbye.

I opened my eyes to see Jace with a gun and the man who was about to kill me now bleeding out all over the floor.

Gunshots were still being let off around me, but it was most of West's men who were dead whilst mine were still stood strong with the odd bruise. Jace bent down and raised his hand for me to take it whilst he gave me a small smile. I noticed a clean cut right under his left eye which in the sunlight made his green eyes even brighter.

Without hesitation I placed my hand in his which fit perfectly, little sparks shooting up my arm as he pulled me up like I weighed nothing. My other hand rested against his chest and I could feel the rapid beating of his heart.

He gazed at me for a few seconds before shaking his head and gripping onto my hand.

"I need to get you out of here now before the others come" He rushed out as he tried to lead me out of the room unnoticed.

"How do you know about the others?"

"You wasn't the only one who saw Rose typing away on her phone Carter" 

"Aah, I thought I was the only one to notice" I cheekily smiled towards him.

"What can I say Hermosa, I have the looks and a brain" 

I rolled my eyes playfully and he chuckled slightly before leading me outside and behind multiple bushes just in time as well. More men appeared in black cars with hundreds of guns and that's when I saw them. 

West and my mother.

My hands closed into fists from the sight and my body started to shake with so much anger and betrayal.

It killed me seeing the man who I loved and who is the father to my little girl working with my mother who is supposed to love and care for her daughter want me dead.  It baffles me because I can't even understand how a mother can hate her own flesh and blood so much to want them gone.

Mila is my whole life and more. I would rather die than see her get hurt.

"Wait what about the guys, they are going to kill them" I tried to move from my spot but Jace pulled me down, my face just inches away from his.

"They will be fine Carter, trust me" He whispered.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Do you trust me?"

That was the question. I only trust a few people these days from the betrayal in my past. He was one person who ended up going behind my back but at the time he did it to save his family. I know it wasn't his fault that Ashton became so obsessed with me he threatened Jace's sister and little nephew.

I forgave him because If I was put into that situation if it involved my family, I would do the same in a heartbeat.

Jace is an amazing man who has always been there for me and yes I do. I do trust him.

"I trust you, Jace" 

His emerald green eyes light up and my hand burns from his sudden touch. Our hands interlock together sending goosebumps across my skin. Then he grinned showing off his pearly white teeth.

He really is handsome.

"No tienes idea de lo que eso significa para mí hermosa" (You have no idea what that means to me beautiful)

Jace moved slightly forward until his lips met my forehead as he placed a warm gentle kiss against my skin. A sudden band went off causing everything to shake and I clutched onto Jace making sure I didn't fall over like some of West's men just did.

The building was on fire.

"MILES" I began to shout but Jace slapped his hand over my mouth making me mumble the rest. Tears started to well up in my eyes from the thought of losing him again.

I felt Jaces hot breath fan against my ear "He's okay."

He tried to calm me down, his hand gently rubbing the small of my back whilst the other was wrapped around my waist holding me back just in case I was to try and run towards the now burning building.

West was yelling at his men whilst my mother just stood staring at the building. All of his men left in the cars that they arrived in leaving just the two of them. Bile rose up my throat from seeing both of them kiss each other. I instantly looked away until the sound of an engine was heard signaling they had left.

"I know your hurting, and not just because of what you just witnessed Carter" Jace said as he tilted my head to the side to look at him.

"What are you talking about Porter?"

"I know it haunts you every single day and night and that you blame yourself for his death" He took a breath.

"You loved Callum and he loved you more than anything"

"Jace, please..."

"Hermosa just listen to me \okay, you are still grieving over him because you never got the chance to tell him how you truly felt. Your feelings for West clouded your true feelings for Callum until it was too late"

"It's my fault he is gone" I choked out

"It was not your fault that he died that night, he did what he did to protect you and your unborn child at the time. His love for you was strong " Then he looked away.

"Como el mio es ahora" (Like mine is now)

A single tear slid down my cheek as Jace sent a small sad smile my way, then I remembered the night we both lost Callum because he chose to jump in front of a bullet to save me and Mila. I would do anything to have him back, and no matter what I do I can't move on for good.

The meaningless flings I have had with Caleb and Oliver were to try and fill the hole in my heart thinking it was because of my feelings for Ryan but it isn't. It's because my heart is still holding onto my love for Callum.

"Come with me," Jace said as he stood up and brought my weakened body with him.

"Where are we going, what about the others..."

"Don't worry about them Carter they are fine okay, they knew what they were doing and are on their way home now waiting for us to return. I needed to get you out of there, that was our goal and now you are safe. For now, you and I are visiting someone" He tucked a piece of loose wet hair behind my ear.

"Who?" I asked feeling a bit confused.

"You need to let out how you truly feel and finally say a proper goodbye so you can move on and find love again"

His hand clutched mine tighter.

"We are going to visit Callums grave Hermosa"

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. 

I have been absolutely shattered recently due to my pregnancy so I keep falling asleep.

Vote and Comment.

Ciao!X