Chapter 45: Loss

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

"Don't you dare die on me"

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

"Why did you do that, why did you have to come. Why did West tell you" I sobbed, ignoring the screams and gunshots.

There was so much blood, nothing was stopping it from pouring out of the wound no matter how hard I tried. More started to drip out of his mouth, his green eyes burning into my blue ones. I felt someone trying to pull me up but I wouldn't let go, they can kill me here and now I don't care.

"Hermosa, Vive una vida feliz mi mejor amiga" (Live a happy life my best friend)

"I can't without you, I still haven't learned all the bad Spanish words"

A soft chuckle escaped his lips and he swiped a piece of my hair that fell to the front behind my ear.

"Please look out for my family"

As he took his last breath, the life leaving his eyes I was swooped up in Callum's arms and pulled behind a car as everyone else fought. People were dropping to the ground, bones cracking, and screams of agony.

I clenched my eyes shut trying to ignore the noise. Picturing myself back to the days where I was a little girl playing with Miles or helping my dad fix cars.

"Freckles open your eyes" Callum was in front of me, holding my arms down.

"He's dead, Jace is dead" I croaked out.

I tried pushing him off me but his grip tightened on me, my body struggled against him till I was in his arms crying. Not a moment later he pulled me back to look at me.

"We will grieve him later, he saved us Freckles, and to repay him we need to fight and survive which means I need to leave you. Your men are dropping out there, your friends and husband. Only protect yourself because Mila Dove needs you" He smiled as the words dove left his name, the name I gave her in Callums honor.

He pressed a simple kiss on the side of my mouth before pulling a gun out, shooting me a wink, and jumped out from the car immediately shooting at people.

Jace is dead.

Lily is dead.

My mum is dead.

My husband and family are out there.

My daughter is out there.

Noah did this.

My uncle did this.

Instead of fighting the darkness like I always did I let it overpower me, every bit of light I had left was now gone. I could feel the anger bubbling inside me ready to be released, and I would kill everyone in my path till the people responsible for my pain were in hell.

My heart rate sped up, my whole body began to shake, I clenched my jaw as I reached for both guns. The noises around me became one, finding it hard to concentrate on a single voice.

Taking the safety off I stepped out from the car and aimed.

One, two shot dead.

I ducked instantly as a body came flying at me from the side, swiping at there feet making them land on their back. Another bullet between their eyes, my other hand raising up to shoot at three more people.

A bullet whizzed passed me just catching my arm, I bared my teeth together clenching my arm before looking up to see Noah coming right for me.

That's when I noticed Xavier in the corner of my eye pummelling into someone's face before snapping their neck then stabbing two other people that aimed for Reagen and Rhett. Both of them fighting together, one with a sword and the other with just his hands. Rhett's movements were graceful as he took out the men near him. Some managed to land a punch to his face but then they were dead.