Chapter 39: All Revealed

My lips didn't move for the first few seconds, the way they fit perfectly against mine.

Fireworks went off inside my head, my whole body trembled from a simple kiss like they used to. Xavier completely slipped my mind from Callum's touch, the ring on my finger felt light like it had vanished.

I could feel the broken pieces of my heart slowly mending back together, the same piece that cracked when he died in my arms after Mason took his life. I was partially responsible for Mason's death, with the help of Ashton.

I could feel the guilt eating away knowing I had helped kill him for revenge but Callum isn't dead. He's very much real, right in front of me declaring his love for me.

There was no darkness.

No fear of being killed.

It was just me and him.

His hand pressed against the bottom of my back, his other one cupped the side of my face stroking his thumb across my freckled cheeks.

Twelve freckles he said, doesn't surprise me that he counted them.

I slowly started to move my lips against his, relishing in the most amazing kiss. Something I had been craving without even knowing. He was hungry for me, pouring all of his love into it.

My toes curled and my grip tightened on his shirt bunching it together, his chest rubbed against mine as a groan rumbled from the back of his throat.

His lips left mine both of us out of breath, then he started placing delicate pecks across my jaw the moved to my warm cheeks before his brown eyes locked onto my blue ones.

They were bright and cheerful, full of happiness and love like they used to.

"Give me a chance Freckles, because I don't think I'll survive if I lost you" He whispered.

I bit my cherry red lips and gazed at the ground, the music returning to my ears, engines roaring to life preparing for the race. His finger slipped under my chin tilting my head up, and his thumb pulled my lip away from my teeth.

"Don't do that"

"Do what?"

His eyes clouded over "I won't be responsible for my actions if you do it again"

I sucked in a harsh breath a warm feeling growing in the out of my stomach as I clenched my thighs.

Then Xavier appeared in my mind and all I felt was guilt. I shouldn't have kissed Callum, it felt wrong but right at the same time.

We haven't established that we are actually together, just marrying each other in two weeks' time which at the start was just to gain power.

Over time I've come to realise I hate this life, being a target, and having to be strong because I was the leader. This gang business has caused me nothing but pain but I refuse to let anyone take over my gang, I didn't want to burden them with that.

Also, I didn't want someone evil and corrupted to take over cause that will mean many wars and lots of death.

"Do you regret it?"

I could hear Jace calling my name from behind, the race was about to start and I promised I'd spend the day and night with him.

Tomorrow was a new day, and I had planned to hunt down Brooke for betraying me and Lily. Oliver deserves to know though, he needs to know that his sister is a backstabbing bitch.

Do I regret it?

I don't think I did.

"No I don't, I could never regret anything when it comes to you" I have him a warm smile.