Chapter 13: The Mafia Ball.

As I enter the large room where the ball was held all eyes turned to me and Jace who looked very intimidating right now, not to mention hot. 

keep your hormones in check Hope.

Everyone looked fancy in their suit and gowns chatting away with champagne glasses in their hands or dancing in the middle of the room.

I totally forgot you have to dance at these things, I even forgot that the mafia leader wanted me to save a dance for him. Well, let's hope he forgot about that because I honestly hate having to dance. That's why I never went to school, I was too lazy.

"Wheres Oliver?" Jace asked me without looking at me.

"No idea, I just hope he doesn't get into trouble or there will be hell to pay" I mumbled harshly making him smirk.

"You can be quite scary you know that. I like it" He added making me look up to him, his piercing green eyes now looking into mine. 

I told Jace to go and get himself a drink and see if he can find Oliver who couldn't have gotten far whilst I made my way straight to the buffet table eyeing up all of the food I could eat without being sick.

I can't remember the last time I have eaten something good, all I seem to have these days are fruit or cereal bars because I was just so busy and sometimes too depressed to eat.

Before I could reach the table I felt someone grip my hand before pulling me back into a hard chest, the smell of cigarettes and pinewood surrounding me. Their large hand made its way around my waist whilst his other took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers together. Mine looked tiny compared to his.

My eyes finally trailed up the stranger's body confusingly until I saw the same eyes as my little girl had. 

West Shaw. My ex. My daughter's father. The man who had me shot a few hours ago.

The person who I loved so much not so long ago. He used to make me feel safe and warm, now all he did was sickening me. His face just annoyed me.

"Oh great, it's you" I mumbled rolling my eyes, his grip tightened making me wince. He knew where my wound was, so I'm going to have to be careful around him. For now.

"I see the gunshot didn't kill you, what a shame" He commented with a grin.

"Don't sound too disappointed West, I might start to think you don't like me" He pulls my body closer to his not leaving a gap between us before whispering into my ear.

"I miss this, you being in my arms. Feeling every curve of your gorgeous body..."

"Say another word and I won't hesitate to rip your throat out" I threatened.

"A lot meaner than you once were" He chuckled before gripping my hand and spinning me out, my dress twirling around me and then he brought me back in against his body before leading us to dance slowly. Luckily enough I didn't trip over my own feet.