Chapter 36: Remembering

Right now I would rather be trapped in one of Jigsaws games instead of stuck in this room with these idiots

Apart from Jace, I can't hate my best friend.

No one was saying a word to each other, I was on one side with Jace right next to me, our arms slightly brushing against each other which calmed my nerves.

West and Ryan were on the other side quietly whispering to one another, West would take quick glances my way from time to time.

Ryan wouldn't even look at me, maybe it's best that way because I want to rip his head off.

Nice thoughts Hope.

Shut up.

Callum on the other hand was glaring at me, his face was straight showing no emotion. The old Callum always had a smile on his face, the cheerful one out of the trio.

One reason why I fell in love with him.

I felt a pang in my chest, remembering all the times we had together. No matter what mood he was in, he managed to make you laugh with little effort.

"I have a question, how come you have Jace with you and West has fucktard Ryan over here but I can't have.. Erm... What's her face" I snorted loudly.

"Piss off, crawl back to the grave you came from. We were all doing just fine without you" Ryan hissed, taking his eyes off his phone.

"Well that's isn't true, I know for a fact Hope missed me tremendously. Isn't that right babe?"

I sat straight on my chair and leaned forward resting my arms on the table in front of me.

"Let's get one thing straight, don't call me babe I'm not a fucking pig" I felt Jace rest his hand on my lower back "and secondly I don't want one of your little playthings involved so Zip it"

Then I turned my head towards Ryan "you don't speak to him like that because I'll make sure it's you in a grave this time" my heart was hammering against my chest.

I took a deep breath and turned towards Jace who's attention was on me, his finger rubbing small circles on my back to calm me.

"Just take deep breaths, after this, we'll go on a little Costa date just like old times. Don't let them get to you" We smile at each other.

Then I remembered going for a coffee with Callum who always remembered my order.

It was quite sweet of Jace to offer, even though he doesn't like coffee and prefers hot chocolate with four mini marshmallows. They had to be white though, the pink ones made him look feminine apparently.

My attention was back on the boys who seemed to be having some sort of staring contest.

I cleared my throat "Alright I do t want to be here any longer with you lot so let's just cut to the chase. Xavier is going to be late but at this rate not at all. We need to work together in order to take my uncle down and whoever else is working for him. That's where West comes in"

He looked at me with his eyebrow raised, finally paying attention to what we actuary came here to do.

"West knows who works for him and I need to find as many as I can and pick them off one by one because he's been planning this for a while so I'm guessing his numbers are greater than ours am I correct?" I asked West.

"From what I know yes, but I don't know how many people Xavier has in his mafia. We might be equal..."

Callums leg was bouncing up and down quickly irritating me as it kept knocking the table. He wasn't paying any attention, his gaze was towards the door, the girl that was with him was making little gestures through the glass.

My fingers cracked as I clenched my fists, so I ignored the pain and shot up out of my seat and headed towards the door. All of them were now staring at me including Callum who was now still.

I ripped the door open to come face to face with the fake blonde with skin the colour of Doritos and duck lips that looked like they would pop at any second.

"Leave" I growled.

The girl had the nerve to roll her eyes and step towards me till she was right in my face.

"I don't take orders from you bitch, now out of my way" I blinked multiple times as she tried pushing past me.

As she sidestepped me catching my stomach at the same time I hissed, my teeth grit together trying to block it out.

I pulled the gun out from the strap that was tied around my leg and pointed it at her, taking the safety off. She halted in her steps and spun around to face me, now she was seriously pissed off. Although I didn't miss the fear flash through her eyes.

"Get out now before I stick to my word" My eyes looked at Callum who tried to slowly rise from his seat.

Another gun clicked from the left, Jace was now holding a gun in Callum's direction. He sent me a look and winked.

He always has my back.

"You are really wasting my time" Then I pulled the trigger.

Her body fell to the floor with a hefty thud, West was staring at me with wide eyes like he didn't recognise me and Callum looked furious.

I'm broken to them.

Something that they want to fix, I could tell by the way he was looking at me that he couldn't believe I was the girl he fell in love with.

Another reason why I was falling for Xavier.

My face remained cold "Don't worry I'm sure you'll find another plaything"

"You're a fucking bitch"

"Call me that one more time and see what happens" 

Having a gun pointing in his direction didn't matter anymore as he raced towards me till he was just inches away from me. I could still see the faint dimple on his cheek even though he wasn't smiling.

His eyes darkened from rage, they narrowed in on me. His hand was now pulling my dress till I hit his chest but I didn't make a move, my gun still in my hand.

"I don't have time for this Callum, West knows his job which Ryan will be helping him with. I'm going to figure out who this other person is. I know you hate me but I need you on my side so I can get my daughter back. Then you can go back to plotting my death or whatever else you do"

His breathing calmed down and I could feel him unclench his fist releasing the material of my dress. His gaze was still on me, swiftly moving left to right across my cheeks multiple times unable to blink.

I blocked out the others, in my mind right now the only people in this room were me and Callum. His face softened, my head was tilted so I could look at him properly.

"Freckles"

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment

Ciao!