Chapter 37: Broken

A million different scenarios ran through my head as Callum stared at me like he had just seen a ghost, nothing else was said as soon as the word freckles left his mouth.

I never thought I'd hear that word again, his nickname for me when he bumped into me that day in the hallway at college when I was running away from Mason. I have never liked nicknames when Mason used to call me princess all the time, I just wanted to strangle him all of the time. Jace calls me Hermosa which just sounds beautiful, well everything sounds beautiful when he speaks Spanish.

Freckles has a special place in my heart but it died when Callum died and now he's here, in front of me. Part of me felt sick, I tried to bury them feeling when I officially said goodbye to him in the graveyard that night with Jace. I lost a piece of my heart when he died in my arms but now I'm getting married to Xavier, someone who I truly care about but now the man I am in love with is back from the dead and he remembers me.

My mind is on overdrive, beyond confused about what to think, say, or do. What do you do in a situation like this?

You could cut the tension in this room with a knife it became so thick. West and Ryan looked uncomfortable because they both know who I wanted to be with back then but I chose West and ended up being with Ryan for quite a while. He was in Milas's life more than West. Jace looked sad, he was sad for me because he knows everything. His best friends loved each other but we are both suffering at the same time.

"Callum" I whispered, my hand tried to reach him.

He staggered back away from me and before any of us could stop him he barged past me storming out of the room, he tried to slam the door but I caught it and tried my best to catch up to him.

"Hope" I heard West call for me but he didn't leave the room, so I'm assuming someone stopped him.

"Callum" I raised my voice, ignoring the pain in my legs.

"Please stop and talk to me" 

His feet planted firmly against the ground, his shoulders were rising up and down and his fists clenched by his sides. I was stood a few steps away from him and didn't make any moves to try and touch him. I could tell he was angry and confused trying to control his rage.

Callum turned around and what I saw was not something I were expecting, my heart broke for him when I saw tears run down his face, His eyes were glistening with tears, more threatening to escape. His lips trembled and his brown eyes met my blue ones, the brown eyes that I had missed so much, 

I missed him so much, more than anything in this world.

When he died I cried myself to sleep every night, I had nightmares continually making it hard to sleep. His death replayed over and over again, him slowly dying in my arms as he told me he loved me and to be happy. My daughter's middle name is dove, named after him.

"Leave me alone Hope"

"No, I won't leave you alone, just talk to me please"

"FUCK" He bellowed, tugging at his hair before looking back at me.

More tears fell and I just wish I could wipe them away, tell him everything will be okay.

"Don't you get it, Hope, don't you fucking get it" Now he was right in front of me, my head tilted up to look at him.

I snapped, my own tears now escaping "No I don't get it Callum because you won't tell me what's wrong" I stepped forward, no spade inbetween us.

"I remember everything, every emotion, every single fucking memory between us just crashed into me like a fucking tsunami. I've fallen in love with you all over again, and my heart just broke at the same time reliving you picking West over me. Now you are getting married to Xavier, someone you don't even love, I'm always second best with you" He was screaming and sobbing at the same time.