Chapter 32: Surprises

As soon as we opened the hospital doors a hand came into view with a knife heading straight to my face, I managed to duck just in time and swiped my leg out tripping the person up. They fell straight to the floor but still held onto their weapon.

Xavier was fighting against two other men matching his size, and he easily cleaned them out without breaking a sweat. He pulled his gun out and pointed it behind him, swiveling around in a flash and shot another many that tried creeping upon him.

His friend was running down the corridor like a mad man shorting at anyone that he came across and effortlessly dodging bullets left right and center.

Instead of concentrating on the two men, I turned my attention back to the woman on the floor who was trying to stand back up. I pressed my foot against her wrist, making her release the knife and it clattered onto the floor. Her face was angry and she kept her gaze on me, her lips turned into a snarl.

"Fucking bitch" she hissed.

I rolled my eyes, then a bullet whirled past me just missing me and hit the wall ahead. I lifted my arm up and saw two other guys coming my way, and with one swift aim, I managed to kill them both, their bodies dropping to the floor in a heap.

The girl on the floor lifted her other hand up and clasped onto my thigh. It felt like someone had stabbed me again with a red hot knife, ripping open the muscle. I bit my lip trying not to make any noise to show the excruciating pain that now ran up and down my leg.

Let the darkness in. Them very words from Xavier repeated in my head in hushed whispers, begging me to shut it all out.

Shut the pain off.

my whole body relaxes, something dark washes over me as I grip my gun tighter. Every emotion that I held in vanished, for how long? Well nobody knows. Every loss from Callum to Lilly forgotten, for now, I just felt rage.

I managed to grip her hair and tug her up, slamming her head against the wall repeatedly till I heard a crack. As I let go, blood smeared across the white walls, slowly dropping down forming a small puddle on the marbled floor.

Another one came running at me full speed, probably twice my size in height and body weight. He was full of blood, his shirt ripped apart.  As he came closer I growled before pouncing on him.

My training to become the leader I am today comes flooding back to me, usually, I only ever used my guns, I never had to fight because there was no need to. We hardly ever ran into trouble since I took over but I still thought it was a good idea to train to fight and it most definitely was. I'm one of the best fighters, alongside Oliver and his sister Brooke.

My elbow immediately hits the guy in the face and wasting no time I go for his knee and my fist strikes his nose. He managed to block my next move, twisting my arm behind my back harshly with a tight grip and throwing me down onto my knees making me cry out in pain. Within a second I spin around and swipe at his legs. He didn't stay down long, jumping back up onto his feet with a snarl.

"It's your turn to die" He leaped forward and I managed to dodge his uppercut in time.

When I looked towards my leg I noticed blood seeping through my very flimsy gown.

Oh great.

He smiled showing me his stained teeth and brought his leg up hitting me exactly where my stab wound was and crashes into me straight after trying to rip the gun from my hand. The noises that he was making could be mistaken for a feral animal. I brought my head forward crashing it against his knocking him back slightly, his grip lessened but my gun flew out of my hands.