Quirks

Izuku Midoriya

Today I get to play with Kacchan all day! I know I'll get my quirk today! Kacchan has an amazing quick already and I want one just like it but he already told me mine will be worse and I guess he's right because nobody can beat Kacchan except All Might! All Might can beat anybody because he never loses!

"Izuku!" Oh! That's mom! "Mrs Bakugo is here for you!" I completely forgot to get dressed! I didn't even think because it'd waste time and just threw on a random hoodie with pants before running down the stairs, "Izu did you even brush your hair?" Mom asked.

"Whenever I do it just goes back to this," I mumbled and then noticed Kacchan behind Mrs Bakugo, "Kacchan! What are we gonna do on our awesome play date safari?!" I tried to run over and grab onto him but mom stopped me.

"Stupid Deku, it's not a play date, it's a guy get together," Kacchan mumbled while mom found a hairbrush and began messing with my hair, I don't know why she does that, I just ignore my hair mostly. Kacchan continued talking though, "Anyway, we're gonna go to the creek with Keres and Sidero and try and find shit."

"Katsuki!" Mrs Bakugo shouted and pushed his head down almost making Kacchan fall, "What have I been telling you about using language like that! You're only five for fuck's sake!" Mrs Bakugo and Kacchan were always using alphabet words...

Mom finally interjected and pushed me forward gently, "Come on Mitsuki, let's have lunch together and let the kids go play." She offered, mom had this really light voice and it made me feel happy a lot.

Kacchan grabbed my wrist and we were running before long so I didn't catch what mom and Mrs Bakugo yelled after us, only Kacchan yelling for me to hurry up. Kacchan has always been much more athletic than me. In just a few minutes, or maybe it was longer, I don't know how to tell time, we were all in the woods heading to the creek.

Keres and Sidero both already had their quirks, Keres could make wings on his back and Sidero's fingers grew like spaghetti! Kacchan's quirk made fireworks but he gets mad when I call them that. I can't wait to get my own quirk!

As we headed into the woods I slowly started to hear the stream-I mean creek! "The water sounds pretty, Kacchan!" I told him happily and started trying to go faster than I already was so I could see it quicker.

"How can water sound pretty, stupid Deku?" Kacchan asked and grabbed my arm knee-wait I think it's called an elbow, well, anyway, he grabbed it and pulled me back, "Be careful, idiot." He mumbled.

Keres and Sidero began laughing and I realized we had reached the creek and I'd almost fell in, "Oh thanks Kacchan!" I stood next to him and looked at the water, "I was right about it being pretty though, wasn't I? See Kacchan! The water sparkle!"

I felt a woosh and turned to see Keres has brought his wings out, "Deku's really stupid isn't he?" He asked. I was used to them calling me names though so I wasn't sad about it and kept looking at the water until a really loud BOOM made me flinch.

I turned around quickly to see Keres was now on the ground and Kacchan had his hand out in the way he did when he used his quirk but I guess it wasn't that bad because it didn't look like he hurt Keres, just scared him. Kacchan's always done things that I'm not sure why he does them but that's just another part of Kacchan to love.

"Look there's a log," I heard Sidero say and looked to where he was pointing, "We could cross the creek there, couldn't we?" He asked and I turned to see what Kacchan would say about it since he's the leader.

"I wonder what's over there," Kacchan said and turned his back on Keres who was just getting up. I was wondering too because I've never been over there either since we always come together, "Let's go cross that thing. Deku'd better hold my hand or he'll fall and die." Kacchan said and grabbed my wrist before I could speak.