Chapter 1

Jayda

Jayda

I was finishing up the final touches of my room. I moved in yesterday and my mom was now on her way back to Texas. My roommate didn't show up so now I'm assuming I don't have one. As I was setting up my laptop I heard a knock from the conjoined bathroom door.

"Come in"

A pretty older asian lady peeked her head inside and gave me a warm smile.

"Hi dear! My name is Ellie, I'm one of the moms from the residence next door. I just wanted to come over and met you if that ok." She introduced herself. I stood up and walked over to shake her hand.

"Hi I'm Jayda." I smiled at her.

"Thank god! I thought you were like that other brat my daughter is rooming with." She sighed shaking my hand. Well damn, somebody's mom is messy.

"Like what exactly?" I asked curiously trying to get tea.

"That child over there is about as rotten as I don't know what. Her and her excuse of a mother." She whispered yelled.

"Ellie." A man called from behind her. We both looked and it was a good looking black man in his mid 40s maybe.

If her mom is Asian and her dad is black that mean shorty is blasian and 9/10 pretty as fuck. She gave me a smile before going over to the man. I followed behind her and saw about 6 people in the room.

"Who are you?" Some little skin chick with curly hair sassed me once I was in her line of vision. I just chuckled and waved her off.

"Hi I'm Jayda! I'm the girl you share a bathroom room." I went up and introduced myself to the blasian chick.

"I'm Nevaeh." She mumbled glancing back at me.

"If you would like you can join us for dinner." Ellie invited, but I kindly shot her down.

"We should definitely get to know each other more if you want." I said turning back to Nevaeh.

"I'd like that." She said smiling at me before walking out with her parents.

"I find it extremely rude how you just dissed my daughter as if she was just below you." I'm assuming her mother checked me. I'm not one to disrespect adults so I kept my composure.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I felt as if your daughter came at me a bit too aggressive for my liking. I'm Jayda." I turned to the girl with my hand out.

She looked down at it in pure disgust. "Kali" She said before walking away.

I stood there awkwardly before just walking back to my room. I finished setting up my laptop before grabbing my bag and walking out to the campus.

I look down at my phone feeling it vibrate and not even 2 seconds later I bump into somebody.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." I apologize quickly looking up at the fine dread head. He was brown skin with dreads coming down to his mid-back. He stood at at least 6'1 with some pretty ass light brown eyes.