Chapter 32

Been gone for a month, but then I hit y'all with a double update. :)

Kali

"What do you mean I can't enroll for this class?" I snapped at my advisor.

"You don't qualify quite yet to-" He started but I shut that shit down.

"I swear to you I'm calling my daddy and if I don't get into that class I promise you won't have a job here come fall." I snapped at him turning on my heel storming out his office.

"Everything good?" Jalen asked from the bench he was waiting for me at.

"No everything is not good. Mr. Valtore bitch ass won't put me in the Advanced placement class." I said crossing my arms.

"Woah what?" He asked standing up meeting me halfway.

"You heard me. I told him that come fall he will be out of a job once I called my daddy." I said triumphantly. I did mean that with all seriousness. Not all is my dad a booster club member, but he also has major connects.

He looked at me funny and turned away from me. "Where are you going?" I asked starting to follow.

"I'm going to my dorm. Yo dorm the other way Kali." He said stopping to turn to me.

"Kali?!" I coiled back because he just struck a nerve.

"Yes you heard me correctly." He said.

Jalen only calls me by my name when he's serious or when he's pissed off. Right now he's clearly both.

"What did I do?" I asked genuinely confused because we were just fine not even twenty minutes ago.

"You back on that spoiled shit. Deadass I thought we were past this. When are you going to grow up? Mr. Valtore is the coolest advisor a college student could ask for and you just sit here and threaten his job like he hasn't been working his ass off for students the past 13 years." Jalen snapped and of course my horny ass got turned on, but I knew this wasn't the time nor the place.

"If he has clearly been quote unquote working his ass off for students why can't he place me?"

"Did he telling you why?" He sighed and I already knew his answer was going to make him mad.

"He said I didn't qualify." I muttered and he walked away from me before walking back.

"Yo I'm done." He said shaking his head at me.

"Jalen no! Please!" I begged catching his arm. I have never begged for a man in a non sexual way and it felt strange.

"Nah because instead of putting in the work to qualify you throw a bitch fit and call your dad. Didn't you say you want to not be as dependent on your dad yet here you go." He trying to shake me off of him.

I did tell him that I wanted to become my own person. When I make it I wanna say I actually made it not that my dad put me on top.

"I'm sorry okay. It's a habit to get what I want when I want." I apologize because once again he was right about me.

"Come on." He said walking to the advisement building with me still on his arm.

"Wait where are we going?" I asked him.

"You are going to go apologize." He said and I immediately stopped walking. He looked back at me and I just stared at him.

"No I'm not. I only apologize to you." I said and once again he just looked at me.

I hate when he does that petty shit. Whenever he knows he's right and my stubbornness takes over he'll refuse to speak until I see for myself. He's tried arguing with me, but that goes on for a while seeing as how he wants to be a lawyer and I'm just a brat who enjoys arguing.