Chapter 9

Jayda

Today was the first day of class and I'm lost. As in I have no idea where my government class is at and class starts in less than 5 minutes.

"Hey. Excuse me miss." Someone tapped my shoulder as I was about to walk up another flight of stairs. I turned around to some boy tryna get my attention.

"Hello there." I smiled down at him since I was standing on the stairs taller than him.

"I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't speak to you, but you seem lost sweetheart." He said.

"Oh wow. I really am. Can you please tell me where government 1101 is?" I asked and he smiled grabbing my hand.

"I can do you one better and show you. I have that same class." He said and led me up the stairs to the class room.

"I'm Josh by the way." He said glancing back.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jayda." I said and he nodded.

We walked in the class and got settled right before the professor came in.

"Good morning everyone. I've already sent the syllabus out so follow along or not. I don't really care." He said plugging up his laptop.

••••••••••••••••••

"Where you headed now Jay?" Josh asked as we left our second class. Josh was a really kind and funny guy. He nearly got us in trouble in math for making me laugh too much. His major is pre-med as well so I'm gonna be seeing a lot more of him.

"I'm gonna go meet my crew in the cafe." I said as we walked with our arms intertwined.

"Oh crew? You a little popular country girl huh?" He said and I chuckled.

"I'm a friendly person so of course I'm gonna have friends." I playfully sassed him.

"Am I one of those friends?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't really like you that much." I said pretending to think.

"Yea alright." He nudged me making us both veer to the right.

"Let me get your number though." He said licking his lips real quick. I grabbed his phone and entered my number.

"Bye Joshy. My crew is waiting on me." I said pointing back at Angel, Trevon, and Khalil who were close enough to hear us.

"Bye Jay. See you tomorrow" He said pulling me in a hug.

"Jay?" Angel questioned when I sat down.

"Joshy?" Khalil also questioned as Trevon just glared at Josh who was over by some of his friends.

"He's my friend." I smiled and Trevon glanced at me and quietly ate his food.

"He might wanna be more than friends though." Angel said pointing at me with her fork.

"He gives me more best friend vibes." I shrugged and both Angel and Khalil put their hand over their heart.

"The audacity" Khalil said shaking his head.

"Meh. I'm the girl bestie so I'm cool." Angel cheesed.

As they both went back and forth on who I liked more I looked over at Trevon. I went to grab his hand and he moved it away grabbing his napkin.

"Are you ok?" I asked and he just nodded. I decided to let it go and talk to him about it later.

••••••••••••••••••

I walked to Trevon and Khalil's room and knocked on the door. Khalil was with Angel and when I spoke to him he said Trevon's been in the room all day. He's also been ignoring me all day.

"What are you doing here?" Trevon asked surprised opening the door in just some red basketball shorts and black socks.

"I'm here to talk." I said patiently standing outside. He's not my boyfriend so I'm not gonna get crazy.

"Talk about what?" He asked leaning on the door frame.

"Are we really bout to talk out here?" I asked crossing my arms. He sighed and moved aside letting me in. He walked over to his bed and sat on it.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked and he just looked at me with a blank face.

"Nothing. I'm straight." He shrugged which just annoyed me.

"If you so straight why have you been ignoring me all day?" I now asked.

"Cause I ain't feel like talkin to you today. Is that a crime?" He asked me back.

"Is that a crime?" I mumbled to myself because he was really starting to piss me off.

"You're right! It's not a crime because we not even together so fuck am I trippin for." I said cussing. Lord know I only cuss out loud when I'm angry.

"I'm sorry for worryin bout yo ass. Trust me when I say it won't happen again." I said turning to leave his room before I do something I'll regret.

"Wait." He said but I kept walking out the door.

"Jayda wait a minute please." He said chasing me down the hall grabbing my waist to stop me.

"What Trevon?" I asked glaring at him.

"I'm sorry. It's just that Josh guy and-"

"So you're jealous of a boy I literally just met" I cut him off looking at him like he was stupid.

"It's deeper than that. We went to the same high school and he took my last girlfriend away from me. I just don't wanna go through that again." He sighed and I started to feel bad.

"Tre I'm not your last girlfriend. I would never do something so grimy ok. I like you and only you." I reassured him and he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry cowgirl." He mumbled in my shoulder.

"It's fine. Just talk to me next time please." I said rubbing his head. He nodded and we walked back to his room.

"You hurt my feelings you know." He mumbled as he laid on me.

"How sway?"

"First of all you cussed at me. I've never heard you curse. Then on top of that you said we weren't together." He pouted.

I leaned down and kissed his nose. "Technically we aren't together sweetie." I giggled.

"Who not together? I claim you as all me. I called dibs so you mine until further notice." He smiled and I laughed.

"Just because you claim me doesn't mean we together." I smiled at him.

"You're gonna really make me ask you out huh?" And I nodded my head smiling like an idiot.

"Jayda Simmons. Would you make me the happiest person on this campus and be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"Why not the happiest in the world?" I joked.

"Because I'm saving that for when I wife you up." He smirked at me making my insides melt.

"Yes Trevon I'll be your girlfriend." I said grabbing his face and started peppermint kissing him.

"Oh by the way. I like you too cow girl. A lot." He said and snuggled me closer.