Chapter 34

Angel

It was spring break and the gang was going down to Florida for a trip. Unfortunately this trip was booked last year so Dontae was coming with us. I wasn't gonna let him ruin this for me though because ya girl love flaunting around in bikinis.

"Everyone ready?" Jayda asked right before we got on the plane to leave. We all responded with a yea and boarded our flight. Sometimes it's good to have rich ass friends, Kali upgraded all of our seats to first class. Something about being too boujee to not be in it.

Did I mention that this was practically a baecation. Only 2 out of the 4 couples was good though. Nevaeh and Khalil were let's just say complicated and then it's fuck Dontae for me. We thought about just doing them two in a room then me and Nevaeh in a room, but they weren't going for it saying something about it being gay. I don't understand how it's gay when they have a roommate for college, but okay.

"You really not goin talk to me?" Dontae asked from next to me once the flight took off.

"I have nothing to say to you." I shrugged looking out the window.

"Well I gotta lot to say to you." He said and I rolled my eyes, but he couldn't see it. He ain't have a lot to say when that shit when down, but I'll just sip my tea or whatever.

"This isn't the time or the place." I mumbled pulling out my beats.

"That's been your excuse a lot lately." He said and he wasn't lying. Whenever he tried to talk to me I've been "busy".

"Well I'm serious this time." I said about to put my headphones on, but he gently grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"Promise you'll talk to me." He said and I hesitated before I nodded my head. This is a long over due talk so why not.

•••••

"Okay well it's late we can just order pizza tonight if anyone is hungry. I reserved jet skis at 2:00 and snorkeling in that cave Jayda was talking about at 5:00." Kali said once we finally reached our beach house for the trip.

"Yes ma'am." Jayda smiled before grabbing Trevon's hand and heading upstairs.

"Goodnight." Jalen spoke to us while Kali dragged him to one of the bottom rooms. We stood there awkwardly for a little minute before I told them goodnight and headed for the other upstairs bedroom.

The rooms consisted of a king size bed, a connected bathroom, a tv, and a balcony. I placed my bag on the bed and looked for my shower stuff.

"So about that talk..." Dontae said as soon as he walked in.

"After my shower." I said and he just nodded probably not believing me. I grabbed my pajamas and went to the bathroom to take my shower and do my nightly routine.

I finally walked out and Dontae was laid on the bed tattoos all on display with one arm behind his head as the other flicked through the channels. That nigga know he fine.

I quietly put my stuff away and looked for my charger. The whole time I felt him staring at me, but I paid him no mind. It was easier to ignore him on campus because I could easily avoid him. I can't ignore him sleeping next to him.

"Angel." He mumbled and I knew he wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Dontae." I copied him still messing around on my phone. I think my charger broke and I might actually be screwed since my phone only on %12. He grabbed my phone and unplugged his phone putting mine on the charger.