Chapter 23

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

"You dumb bitch"

Angel and Jayda gasped at Kali's response. She simply rolled her eyes.

"What? We were all thinking it." She said.

I just got finished telling them about how I ran from Khalil yesterday.

"I mean..." Angel trailed off looking everywhere but me.

"You guys stop it. Nevy just expressed her emotions in the wrong way." Jayda stuck up for me.

"Yea..the dumb bitch way. I wish my nigga would tell me he love me through a song. We'd be going all night long. Speaking of the devil.." She said as she picked up her ringing phone.

"Don't listen to them. You're not used to that and you acted off impulse. There's nothing wrong with that." Jayda said leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Do you love him?" Angel asked.

"I don't know." I admitted closing my eyes. "I think I do."

"Hold on baby. Back up and turn your phone slightly to your right. No your other right. Stop!" Kali said before taking a screenshot.

"Ain't this that messy ass friend of yours Nevaeh?" She said walking over to us showing us her phone.

There Khalil sat with Nicole across from him. They were slightly dressed up so they were out to eat it. It almost looked as if they were on a date. She laughed and placed her hand on top of his.

"I don't wanna watch anymore." I said turning away from the phone.

"Bae go be petty." Kali laughed and we all looked at her.

"Y'all know I love drama." She waved us off before sitting on my bed.

"Aye you Khalil?" Jalen asked and we faintly heard him ask why.

"Who are you?" He asked turning slightly so we assumed he was talking to Nicole.

"Nicole." She said her voice turning sultry.

"Oh fuck no." Kali said and we got scared that she might've ruined it before realizing that he had in airpods.

"Anyway, Don't you go with what's her name? Heaven?" He asked.

"Excuse me?" Angel said as her head jerked back.

"Stop it. He knows my name we're cool." I calmed her down. Jalen was good at this.

"Heaven? No idea who that is sorry." Khalil said and we all gasped.

"You single single cause I got this shawty who tryna fuck with you."

"Excuse me, I know you see me right here. He's out at dinner with a beautiful girl. You managed to get in college so I know you can put two and two together." Nicole snapped and Kali's eyes bucked at the phone.