Chapter 6

Angel

Today was Thursday and class started in less than a week. I wasn't nervous or nothing I just wasn't ready to be stressed out by work.

I was walking around with my beats blasting music so I was oblivious to any outside noise. A hand grabbed my arm and I looked at it with a mug. I removed one side of the headphones and pressed pause.

"Why are you touching me?" I asked the man as he clearly checked me out.

"My boys over there was talking and you caught my attention. I decided to come over here first." He explained and it was a group of niggas about 6 of them. They had a football so I'm assuming they play.

"Ok congrats. You want a cookie? And get your hands off me." I snatched my hand away and took 3 steps back. I was serious when I said I wasn't looking for a man.

"You tried rookie. My turn." Some other nigga walked up slapping the first guy shoulder pushing him away. He smacked his lips, but walked away.

"What's up ma?" He looked at me as I continued to have a mug on my face.

"Bye." I said turning to walk away.

"Wait a sec baby." He grabbed my hand and before I could snatch it away he pulled me closer.

"I'm not ya baby or ya ma." I said and as I looked at him like really look he was actually kinda fine. He was 6'4, a light brownskin with his arms tatted, a beard, and a head full of hair.

 He was 6'4, a light brownskin with his arms tatted, a beard, and a head full of hair

"My bad. What's yo name?" He asked biting his lip.

"Nun ya." I said and he looked up.

"Maan chill and just tell me ya name. I ain't even ask for your number yet." He said and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Angel."

"Now was that so hard. I'm Dontae." He smirked at me.

"Nahhh you got a fuckboy name. I gotta go" I said but he didn't let me go.

"My name don't mean nothing." He said and I looked at him sideways.

"Coulda had me fooled." I shrugged.

"Anyway its a party tonight-"

"On a Thursday?" I questioned

"Girl, don't interrupt me. As I was saying, it's a party tonight at the dog house. You should come." He licked his lips and my eyes followed the motion.

"Where is said dog house?" I asked looking back at him.

"Lemme get yo phone so I can send you the address." He said. Motherfucker think he slick.

"Or you can just give me directions." I said tilting my head he copied me.

"I'd rather send you the addy." He smirked. I caved and gave him my number.