Chapter 16

Kali

"So which one?" I asked my new group of gold digging friends. I honestly don't care for any of them and the only reason they're hanging with me is because of Dominik.

As fine as he is I honestly haven't tried getting with him which is a surprise to myself. I mean we've kissed once or twice, but it was nothing serious. He's pretty much my best friend now and I use him to make Jalen jealous.

Speaking of that nigga, I haven't spoken to him since that phone call. He's tried getting in contact with me by popping up and sending his friends over to relay a message, but I've been avoiding him like a plague.

"Def get Velvet Kals." Some girl with dry blonde weave said. She's told me her name twice, but I didn't feel like remembering. Everyone else agreed and right on time Dominik popped up.

"Let's go ring this up bestie." I said pulling him away.

"I only hang with bad bitches, but you got me out here with them busted bitches." I snapped at him as we waited in line. He's gotten used to my nasty attitude and mood changes.

"Heal chihuahua." He said and I mushed his head.

"I'm serious Dominik." I crossed my arms.

"I think ya boy lowkey be stalking you cause he here at the store across the way, but relax this your last day. Which one the easiest to bag?" He asked throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"They a damn bag of skittles all them different color wigs. Imma need you to step your game up playa." I checked him and he busted out laughing while I was dead serious.

"Come on Kalibaby. Pick one." He chuckled.

"Shawty with the burnt orange hair got potential. She a follower so she'll more than likely be your lil lap dog at every beck and call. I saw her in the dressing room she got like a B cup, but she got enough ass that you wouldn't notice in the jeans she's wearing." I said glancing back giving him my scout report.

"See this why I keep you around." Dom smiles down at me.

"And this is why I keep you. Unofficial ex walking in." I mumbled wrapping my arms around his waist.

Jalen and two other guys walked in and straight to the Men's section. Making sure to keep an eye on him, but not make eye contact I watched him. He was still fine as ever.

Blondie apparently thought she could think the same thing and decided to go approach him. They talked for a minute or so where she laughed obnoxiously loud for no reason. He is not that funny so she really need to calm down. I felt like Jalen knew I was watching which is why they exchanged numbers.

"Nigga really be trying me like I'm some average bitch and I'm on the same level as them." I mugged talking more so for myself.

"I mean..."

I gasped and pulled away from Dom as he practically indicated that I was average.

"Chill." Dom laughed pulling me back.

"Fuck you." I said crossing my arms pouting.

"Fix ya lip." He said about to flick it like he always does, but instead he leaned down and softly bit it instead.

"mmmh switch up. I see you sis." I complimented him for being smart.

"You know I do what it does." He said popping his imaginary collar.

"You better hope that doesn't ruin your chance with Sunny Delight over there." I mentioned and he busted out laughing again.

"You must not have eaten." He said and I shook my head no.

"Let's go put some food in this belly so you don't come for everybody in this mall." Dom paid for my dress and his ties.

"Kali." Jalen's voice made me freeze which made Dom stop as well. I turned around, but didn't speak to him.

"Just give me 5." He said looking Dom up and down.

"Fine." I said rolling my eyes as Dom gave me a small smirk.

I followed behind Jalen as he walked towards a secluded area by the vending machines. He turned to speak, but I brushed past him and sat on the bench crossing my legs.

"You fuckin that nigga?" He asked immediately and I mugged him.

"Bye." I said uncrossing my legs about to stand up but he placed his hand on my thigh stopping me.

"My bad man. I just- you drive me crazy." He admitted and even though my heart melted my faced remained unbothered.

"Yea okay, I'm sure I do, but then again not crazy enough if I'm only a 7 right?" I sassed him and he groaned rubbing his neck.

"Kali please just let me explain." He grabbed my hands.

"3 minutes left." I shrugged looking away from him.

"You not a 7 and you know you not a 7. You weren't even supposed to be on the list, but some of them saw me with you and kept pestering me. The higher you're ranked the more chance you have with them tryna fuck you. I was playing it safe." He explained.

"I guess-"

"I know I fucked up, but I swear it's not that bad because on God I won't let them niggas get to you." He placed his forehead on mine and I couldn't help but stare into eyes. I grabbed his face smashing our lips together. Lord know how much I've missed this boy.

"You know that mean that other lil backup gotta get the boot right?"

"Jalen it's not even like that. I was using him to make you jealous and he uses me to help him get girls." I said and he rolled his eyes then just looked at me.

"Trust me." I pecked his lips and he smiled.

"Damn I've missed you baby." He kissed down to my neck and made his way back up.

"Mmhmm now delete that crusty bitch's number." I said and he chuckled pulling away from me.

"Whatever you say." He took his phone out and deleted the girl's number from the store. I should catch another attitude at him for entertaining her, but I just got him back.

"Feed me." I pouted standing up and immediately he smirked.

"As long as you feed me later." He mumbled pulling me closer by my waist. My cheeks turned a tinted a pink as I actually blushed at his comment.

"Oooo you nasty." I teased grabbing his hand and walking towards the food court. On the way there we caught up with each and discussed how classes were going and everything.

"Lil sis wassup. I see you solved everything with your buddy here." Dominik greeted as we approached his table.

"You want Panda?" Jalen asked me clearly ignoring him.

"Yes please. With a lemonade." I said and he nodded before walking away.

"So he doesn't like you." I admitted and Dom just looked at me.

"No shit sherlock. I wouldn't like me either if I was in his shoes." He shrugged and I glanced over at the girl from earlier. Her "crew" clearly left her.

"Look here whatever your name is, if you goin hang with us you're gonna have to come correct because I don't hang with washed out weak bitches." I said and Dom covered his mouth disguising his laugh with a cough.

"Watch your self. This was all a little act for them other hoes." She said and I eyed her.