Chapter 3

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

My palms were sweating as I held onto Jayda and Khalil. Khalil is a very nice person to look at.

"What you want to drink Nevaeh?" He asked and I got completely lost in his eyes that I forgot to answer.

"So?" He asked again and I snapped out of it.

"A water is fine." I said loud enough for him to hear me.

He nodded his head and we entered the kitchen. Jayda and I stood off to the side as the guys got our drinks.

"Hey where is Angel?" I asked looking around.

"She went with some of her track teammates." Jayda yelled over the music. I nodded my head and looked around at my environment. This was definitely not my scene, so I was a little uncomfortable.

"Here's your water." Khalil came back with a bottle and I thanked him before taking a sip.

"Hey! You wanna go somewhere quieter?" He leaned in my ear so I could hear him. I've heard that lines a thousand times in movies so I didn't know if I should agree with him, especially since I don't know the guy.

"Um sure" I said and he grabbed my hand and led me through the sea of people. When we passed the stairs my anxiety calmed down a bit. He took us to the opposite side of the pool. Even though there were still a lot of people out here I could actually hear my own thoughts.

I bit my lip nervously as I felt him looking at me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yea, this just isn't my thing." I shrugged finally gaining the confidence to look at him. Khalil really was a beautiful person. He had to be 6'1. He had long dreads that were probably grown since birth and his eyes had to be my favorite feature about him.

"To be honest with you, this isn't my scene either

"To be honest with you, this isn't my scene either. It's just too hectic and radiant. I'm more into the vibe and relax atmosphere." He said leaning back on the lawn chair.

"I can relate to that." I admitted.

We got quite for a minute just in our own thoughts. It was a little awkward, but it was probably me who made it awkward.