Chapter 25

Jayda

Today was Trevon's birthday and I was so excited to see him later. I had something special planned for him and I haven't told him happy birthday despite it being 3:00 in the afternoon. I've been talking to him all day and he's been dropping hints, but I just ignore them.

"We still on for tonight right?" I asked Khalil.

I was nice enough to let him explain himself and his story adds up in my eyes. That's just the definition of wrong place at the wrong time because he had good intentions. He keeps asking me to help win her back, but because they were both my best friends I refused to get in the middle of that.

"Yea we almost finished. He is highly upset with you though." He told me and I pouted.

"My poor pooh. He just gotta give me 3 hours." I sighed before we talked for a little bit and hung up. I decided to call Trevon.

"Hey baby" I said my voice having more chirp than I anticipated.

"Wassup." He said dryly. I looked up trying not to give in.

"You tryna do something?" I asked.

"For what?"

"Because I miss you and I'm bored." I said walking to my room.

"Nah I'm good." He mumbled and I stopped walking.

"Please?" I asked softly starting to feel really bad.

"Yea man. Come through to my room." He said and then we hung up. I finished my walk to the room and stared at Angel who stared back.

"I think I'm gonna cave." I groaned putting my stuff down.

"What no. You literally have less than 3 hours left." She grabbed my shoulders as a piece of noodle hung from her lip. She slowly sucked it up without looking away from me. It was so awkward we had no choice but to laugh.

"But for real. He sounds so sad with me." I said and she hugged me.

"Fight through or I'm gonna feel obligated to beat your ass." She said without a trace of humor. My eyes widen and I quickly nodded my head while stepping away. I put on house shoes and headed towards Trevon room.

Once I got there the door opened up and he just walked away laying back on his bed. I didn't comment on it because I knew why he was in such a pissy mood. I shut the door behind and got comfortable on his bed laying on his chest. His arms didn't wrap around me like they usually would they just stayed rested behind his head.

••

After what felt like eternity I finally got a text from Khalil telling me they were ready.

"Tre can we go get some food?" I asked sitting up.

"I'm sorry but I'm not even feelin you that much." He shrugged not looking away from the tv.

"Come on. Let's get go get food and I'll leave you alone for the rest of the night." I said.

"The fact that- you know what never mind. We bout to go to McDonalds because that's all you deserve." He said getting up to put some clothes on. As I waited I texted Khalil and told him we were on the way.

"Come on." He mumbled grabbing his keys and holding his free hand out. I happily interlocked our fingers. Even when he hates me, he loves me.

We started walking towards the exit before I stopped and he looked at me in confusion.

"I left my bag. Can we go get it?"