Chapter 20

Kali

"How was thanksgiving?" Jalen asked as he casually rubbed my feet. We were back on campus chilling in his room.

"Omg Greece was beautiful as always." I groaned throwing my head back. My family has a tradition of traveling during the holidays and every Thanksgiving we visit Greece. The weather and scenery is always so perfect around that time.

"I wanna travel the world." He mumbled more to himself but I heard him.

"Then why won't you? If it wasn't for my mom I'd be probably be in my 8th country by now." I rolled my eyes at the mention of her. Don't get me wrong I love my mom, but she always detaches my daddy's attention and wallet off of me and on to her.

"I gotta go here for my moms. I'm the first person in my family to go college." He admitted as his hands slowed down.

"Why didn't everyone else go then?" I asked and he just looked at me.

"Baby you starting to act dumb. I need you to reel it back in." He sat up and I rolled my eyes.

"So you're poor?" I bluntly asked.

"Really Kali?" He straight faced me. I could already feel that this conversation was about to get very serious so I sat up in front of him.

"What?" I shrugged.

"And if I was poor would that be a problem?" He asked and I looked down and shrugged again.

"What the fuck you mean you don't know?" He questioned tilting my chin up making me look at him.

"I've never messed with someone not on the same level as me." I said and his face twisted up so fast.

"Not as the same level? Kali are calling me below you?"

"I mean when you put it like that it sounds bad." My face scrunched up and he immediately got off the bed.

"Yo it might be time for you to go." He said walking to his door and unlocking it.

"Jalen don't be like this." I whined and he opened the door.

"I'm deadass." He said leaning on the open door.

"Wow. Honestly you're being over-dramatic right now so I'll give you time to cool off." I said putting my shoes on and grabbing my bag. I walked up to him about to kiss his lips before he turned and my lips met his jaw.

"Alright." I said walking out the door. It slammed behind me and I rolled my eyes before walking back to my dorm

••

"I don't see the problem." I shrugged after telling Dominik and Angel what happened.  Its been 2 days since the incident.

"Bitch are you that spoiled?" She asked and I glared at her.

"Why the fuck did I even call you in here?" I asked out loud.

"Because you know I'm not afraid to call you on your bullshit and you knew you needed to hear that you are bullshitting right now." She said flipping her hair.

"Anyway Dom what do you think? You know being from the same lifestyle and all." I asked and he stared at me.

"I agree with shorty over there. What you did was kinda fucked up. From a guy's point of view you hit a soft spot." He said and I threw myself back on my bed.

"Then help me understand for goodness sake. Because I've been trying." I groaned.

"Kali he can't help how he grew up. That's the environment in which he was born and raised in. You really disrespected his lively hood...hell childhood by saying that." Angel stated.