Chapter 29

Jayda

Today was the day everyone was supposed to return back to campus since classes start back up Wednesday. Angel and Nevaeh have been blowing up the group chat saying they both touched ground already. I was just waiting for my uber when a red mustang pulled to the curb in front of me.

I looked around waiting to see if someone walks over to the car, but nobody did. Then a really cute asian boy walked out and opened the passenger side door. He looked directly at me, but I looked back anyway.

"Uh excuse me, but I think you got me mixed up with someone

"Uh excuse me, but I think you got me mixed up with someone." I said with a slightly laugh and it was as if his eyes brightened at my southern accent.

"Nah, I'm positive it's you who I'm tryna pick up." He said with a very smooth voice. I could already tell this was the type of boy who hung around mostly black guys and he already got his "nigga" pass.

"Well according to Uber she drives a Nissan. That's not a Nissan." I said and he laughed me shaking his head.

"I'm an uber driver, but I wanna take you to your destination. It's on me." He bit his lip as I weighed my decisions because it was gonna be 45 dollars to get to the school.

"How do I know if you really are a driver?" I asked looking at him very skeptical.

"You trust me?" He asked and I looked at him crazy.

"No!"

"Good." He chuckled before pulling out his phone.

He showed me the Uber app and his choices of accepting request or not. So he really was one.

"Come on. I know you don't wanna pay that fee." He smiled at me and I couldn't help but to look. I was a female with hormones for crying out loud.

"Fine." I said and he took my bag from me putting it on the backseat. As he was walking to the driver side I shared my location to both girls and told them it was for safe keep.

"So what's your name beautiful?" He asked.

"I have a boyfriend." I said right off the back and he chuckled.

"I'm not surprised that you do. I just wanted to know your name. That's all." He said glancing at me.

"It's Jayda." I said shyly. I know I'm not supposed to say this but he was so fine it was intimidating me.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Akeno, but everyone call me Ken."

"I like your name." I told him and he said thanks.

The car ride actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be and we even had a lot in common. He stopped at waffle house a few exits from the school because he heard my stomach growl.

"You are so funny." I laughed even harder after hearing yet another story about his family.

"I try." He smiled at me and I smiled back.