Chapter 7

Nevaeh

We were all at Walmart today picking up small things for our room such as pads, snacks, and other unnecessary things.

"How was the party last night?" Jayda asked as she sat in the cart I was pushing. Kali and Angel looked at each other smiling before laughing. We looked at them weirdly because this was abnormal behavior.

"Imma spill the tea. Angel over here messing with a Que." Kali smirked and we stared at Angel.

"Wow what happened to I don't want a man right now." Jayda asked and Angel rolled her eyes with a smile.

"I don't which is why he's gonna be in for a surprise when I let him know."

"Good luck with that." I giggled and she started smiling really hard and turned away from us. My dad was a Que so I know a little about their behavior and the dog usually gets what it wants.

"So Khalil is taking me out tonight to some open mic lounge downtown." I told Jayda handing her Oreos.

"Ooo sounds romantic." She wiggled her eyebrows at me. I was definitely closes to Jayda out of everyone. I just gravitate more towards her friendly aura.

"Yea. I'm kinda excited." I smiled biting my lip.

"Bitch! I will slap yo frontal loose. Fuck out of my face." I heard and we both snapped our neck over to Angel, Kali, some really cute boy, and another girl.

"You ain't goin touch shit." The little light skin girl said from behind the dude clearly using him for protection.

"Dontae get ya little hoe before I beat the-"

"Angel come here."Jayda said hopping out of the cart. She started walking our way until the girl said something.

"Yea bitch go to yo owner!"

It all happened so fast. Before Angel could actually put a hand on her Dontae scooped up her waist and carried her to another isle.

"Listen here hoe. You mess with one you mess with all and I ain't with that jumpin shit but best believe imma tag team. Now get." Kali bucked at her making her jump and scramble away.

"Oooh Kali baby where did that come from?" Jayda asked. I was surprised too because she just comes off so stuckup and above everybody.

"I was a bully in high school." She shrugged like saying that was perfectly fine and normal. I'm not that surprised because she honestly comes off as a bully. Even her look screams I'm a bully.

We finished shopping and Angel met back up with us as we were walking out.

"You ok?" I asked and she gave me a small smile.

"Yea I'm fine, that nigga had me fucked up, but it's handled." She said and I nodded.

After getting back to the dorm and unloading everything I started getting ready.

"Where you going?" Kali asked me looking up from her computer. We really don't talk much, but when we do it's usually short.

"Khalil is taking me out tonight." I smiled at myself in the mirror.

"You know I still haven't seen him." She said sitting up. I grabbed my phone went to his Instagram before tossing it to him.

"Oh girl! He fine fine." She said scrolling through his page.

"Yea he is. A little out of my league but you know." I shrugged.

"Nevaeh you're gorgeous. I don't just go around telling girls that either so it's true for real." She said tossing my phone back.