Chapter 11 [n e r v e]

Delicious was my first thought after kissing her
Holy fuck was my second.

-R. A. Knipe.

The floorboards always seem to creek when you're sneaking around late at night

The floorboards always seem to creek when you're sneaking around late at night. They always made that screaming sound, that In daytime isn't so loud but At night it's loud as a trains whistle.

Just trying to be silent I crept out of the bedroom wing. Lucien asleep on the other side of the bed I just left, his breathing was the only thing I could hear.

Was I about to run out the door and have my escape? I thought about it. But no I'm in for a task much harder.

Deciding what midnight snack I want.

Opening the fridge door the light filling the enormous kitchen, stalked with all sorts of foods. Taking out a bowl and milk and standing up on my tip toes to reach the cupboard which held the cereal. "What the hell are you doing?" a voice came from the darkness causing me to jump and slap a hand over my mouth to stop me from screaming.

"Jesus fuck why do you always have to creep up on me and scare me?"I sigh grabbing frootloops and pouring myself a bowl while Lucien stomps into the kitchen.

"Answer my question," he says crossing his arms. Raising an eye brow I say "I felt peckish so I came to make cereal".

"Frootloops are for children" he sighs leaning on the counter. And like a sort of fucking clichè bullshit, the light shone down on him, a beautiful god. His hair bedhead messy and his clothes lazy and tired.

"Maybe I am a child, I told you, you're a creep" I say jumping onto the counter. Grabbing a spoon and now enjoying my tasty meal.

"Sorry to break it to you but you don't got the body of a 13-year-old girl" he whispers pushing off the counter and walking up to me. "And you would know what a 13 year olds body looks like"I smile and he scoffs.

"Lucien, can I ask you a question?"I mumble and he nods, placing his hands on either side of me on the counter. "Why me? Out of all the other girls, why did you...why did you pick me?"

A question that has been playing inside my head for a while, why me? Besides what I was already told about my looks I wanted to know what made him want me to play the role to be his "other half".

He looks at me tilting his head slightly like he didn't either know the answer fully. "Let's just say you looked like you could handle this. Plus when you took your clothes off everyone was looking at you and I had to win. I always win"

At this moment, this one moment he wasn't as bad, he was decent and easy to talk to...and really attractive.

Putting the bowl down beside Me I nod. Feeling his eyes on me.

Biting my lip I look away. "Do I make you nervous Kiara?" he whispered close to my skin and I shivered, cold shivers running down my back. "No" I plainly say, not only failing to convince myself but Lucien as well.