Chapter 33 hit and miss

Misdirection happens to the best of us. But Misdirection in our world was deadly.

Going to the wrong place
At the wrong time with the wrong
information
was like a suicide mission.

I mean we should have known better then to trust the boy who gave us the direction to go to the warehouse.

We made a mistake and now we are paying for it in
Blood
———————————————————

"If you die I will kill you"

Lucien just shook his head as I leant on the brown oak wood door frame. He just huffed, giving me a look of solitude "Kiara I'm not gonna die". He said the word die with a crisp and it sounded way to confident.

There was no promise that you won't die, there's never a guarantee of life. And we all knew that better then most, we lived life's more dangerous and high speed then most people.

Our lives was guns drugs and sex. And there's nothing safe about that, I mean you can be sheltered with bodyguards and safe houses but they can only protect you so far.

But for some people, the chance of death is worth the rush and power this world carries, and for some death isn't the worst thing in the world.

But the loss of honour and respect, now that was deadly.

Raising an eyebrow I shook my head. He wanted to to this, to get revenge on his father to keep me safe And I had no right to stop him but I still couldn't help the fact that I didn't want him to go. "That's what people in movies say right before they die"I smile trying to make it convincing and I was thinking of many movie references.

Handing him his bulletproof vest a scowl in my eyes saying-wear it.

"What would I do without you?" he jokes as he places his hands promptly around my waist his skin brushing my skin.

The real question is what would I do without him?

My arms finding there way around his tattooed and hickey covered neck. "Die" I smile pecking his cheek my lipstick transferring onto his skin.

"I will be home later, you know the rule. Stay here and keep this on you..." he says handing me a gun. "Kill anyone who touches you"

Taking the black metal object in my hand I smile tucking it into the waistband of my jeans and pulling my sweater over it hide it." just hurry home okay. I'll be waiting"I whisper close to his ear a shiver traveling the length of his body.

"Don't tempt me" he smiles as he kisses my cheek one last time before stepping back and heading for the door, my organs feeling like they were all on fire. My hands shaking with nerves.
                         "I love you Lucien"

He stops and looks back at me with a smile "I love you to" before he disappears out the door, and a fear that I will never see him again sets in.

Lucien POV

I didn't want to leave her. But my father wouldn't stop till he has her. So it's either he dies or she does.