Chapter 9 It's Always You

It was about to rain. May always had unpredictable weather. Arorhea enjoyed the cool breeze while paddling towards the mall. 

"Of course I smile a lot,
You're my happy place, after all"

She remembered Ember and smiled. Ember's happy place. Suddenly, someone jumped before her bicycle and she applied the breaks, skidding on the road and almost falling off. It was Ember. She looked at him, "If you want to die, do it somewhere where I'm not caught into it"

Ember pressed his hands on the bicycle handle. He looked into her eyes "If I die, will you be sad?"
Rhea snickered, "Absolutely not!"
"It's a promise then," He smiled, "By the way, remember you told me you'd do anything if I beat you in the arm wrestling match?" Ember grinned.

"Oh...That" She remembered, "...What do I have to do?"
"You're coming home with me after today's class" Ember said.
"Why?"
"I want to show off my place," He smirked.

She rolled her eyes, "Yes, mister Richie Rich"
After class, Ember called Chuck right in front of the mall to pick him and Arorhea up. As the car entered the streets, everyone was stunned. It's was a luxury mechanical beauty. Meenu and AJ stared with their eyes open. Ember opened the door, "Make yourself comfortable,"

"We are gonna go in this car?" Rhea asked.
"Yeah," Ember smiled, "We gotta share a seat though,"
Rhea just looked at the sparkling car, "I can't possibly sit in this car! It's an insult to the car!" Rhea covered her mouth Ember started laughing. 

"Dude," AJ touched the car, "My eyes and hands are blessed,"
Meenu pressed her face over the glass, "I feel like I shouldn't touch it but it's so tempting!" She squealed.
"You guys are over reacting, it's just a car," Ember said, "You should see the car Loraine owns,"
"My parents are never gonna allow me to go to your house," Rhea said. 

"I'll drop you home within an hour, I promise," He said.
"But..."
"Go Rhea. You might never get to ride in such a car again," Meenu said.
"Have fun bro!" AJ said, "Or I will go!"
"We'll take care of your bicycle,"

Rhea looked at Ember and he just shrugged his shoulders. Rhea slowly walked into the car and sat on the seat. Ember sat right beside her on the same seat and closed the door. They put on their seatbelts. 

"Chuck, be as slow as you can," Ember said.
"Yes sir," And thus started the car's engine. The headlights turned on and AJ jumped, "I WANT TO RIDE IT TOO!"
Rhea held her breath and Ember looked at Chuck. He gave him a signal and out they went, overtaking all cars. 

"We are too fast!" Rhea said.
"Leave it to Chuck,"
"What if we crash!"
"We won't,"

It took a while for Rhea to be normal again. Once she did, she looked at Ember,
"Why do you ask him to bring the car near those abandoned buildings if you can easily ask him to come here?" Rhea asked.
"This car is too fast. We can't bring it at such crowded places everyday. Plus, it attracts too much attention,"

Once they were at the highway, the speed went up to three hundred km/h. 
Rhea laughed, "We're gonna die,"
"Are you okay?" Ember asked.
"Ask him to slow down, I don't want this to be my last ride! Please Ember!" Rhea hugged his hand and closed her eyes.

He looked at Chuck, 
"We're almost there, sir. Just one more minute,"
Rhea felt herself sinking into the seat due to all the pressure. The car sounded like roaring tigers, the engine, its mechanics, the dark goth music playing on the stereo. And suddenly, everything just turned quiet and all the pressure stopped. She slowly opened her eyes, Chuck sat at his seat and looked ahead. Ember opened the door, 

"Wanna get down now?" He asked and got down. She left his arms and got down. There was an empty road ahead of them, fading into darkness. They could see the red sun at the end of the road, where it turned dark. Golden street lights lit up the street only till there.
"There's nothing here" Rhea looked at the empty lands surrounding the road.