Chapter 10 You Are Unreal

Ember pressed his hand over a blue sensor on the door of his room.
"Who was he?" Arorhea asked, still looking at the lift. Ember took a deep breath "My brother,"
"So, you're twins," Rhea asked.
"Yeah, kind of"

"But you have totally different personalities! You're a playboy while he's a demon. It seems like you both don't get along," The door opened automatically and Ember walked in, "This is my world" Ember laughed.

He dodged the question. Rhea decided not to ask it again and looked around the room. It was completely furnished with white plywood and marble, with a wooden flooring resembling the colour of honey. It was well lit by one of the walls entirely made of glass, facing the city and all other white walls covered with paintings or photographs.

There was a single bed in a corner and an array of guitars in the other, with a canvas board relaxing at the center, pressed on a carpet of newspapers and paint and a small telescope near the glass wall. A huge closet was attached to one of the wall. And there was another opening just beside it that opened into a bathroom.

"I can even do this," Ember tapped on his phone and slowly, the white lights overhead turned blue and the floor lit up green, "Looks like a field doesn't it?"
"It's beautiful!" Rhea looked down through the glass wall.

"I don't usually have guests here. Do you mind sitting on the bed?" Ember asked.
"Not at all," Rhea slowly removed her shoes and got on the bed "What's this?" She jumped a bit, "It's super bouncy!" She laughed.

"That is the power of a sixteen inches thick mattress,"
"How is this room so cold? I can't see any air conditioners,"
"We've got a centralized air conditioning. There's an entire array of cold air in the ceiling above and the floor below,"

"That's so cool!" Rhea fell on the bed, "It's so soft and warm in this cold environment, I feel sleepy...I wish I could sleep in your bed every night," She said.
"I'd love it if you did," He blushed. I'm sure they weren't on the same page. But hey! Everyone has fantasies!

Rhea looked up at Ember while laying on the bed and he looked down at her while standing before the bed. He looked straight into her eyes. She blushed and looked away. He chuckled.

"Why don't you lay down too?" She suggested. He lay beside her, with his legs hanging down the bed since he was still wearing his shoes. He looked at her and she bit her lips and looked down. She looked at him again, "What?"
"I wonder...if people would fall in love if they hadn't heard of it before,"

Rhea looked at him. He smiled and looked at her as his blonde fringes slowly fell over his blue eyes, "Like..." He was almost whispering by then, as if he only wanted her to hear what he was saying. Or maybe his voice just got subdued since he was laying down,

"Imagine there was no ideal or overaccentuated image of love and romance painted in postmodern mass media...How would we love? Would it be purer? More authentic? Mom always said true love would save you. I wonder... what is a natural process of human feelings that result in true love and all the beautiful things...

Sunlight
Goodness
Stars
You,"

She looked at him. She touched his fingers with hers, "The way you say things to me," She smiled, "It makes me want to know anything you have to say about everything, really I... I think you have beautiful mind,"

He squeezed her hand and looked into her eyes, "Arorhea,"
She smiled, "Ember,"
"I'm so lucky to have met you...again,"
She blushed.

His phone started buzzing again. Ember left her hand and hung up the call. He looked down at the phone and then at Rhea, "They are calling me,"
"You should go then,"
"But I don't want to leave you,"