Chapter 49 Should I Or Shouldn't I?

"Ember!" A sturdy guy rushed towards Ember and hugged him.
"Oh! Hi Mark," Ember smiled.
"I missed you!" Mark shouted.
"Yeah, me too,"
Rhea picked her bag and was ready to leave.
"Rhea, meet them. These are my friends from America. They came here for Christmas vacation," Ember introduced Mark and Miranda.

"Hello," Rhea smiled.
"Namaste!" Miranda and Mark shouted.
"See, I know Hindi!" Mark shouted proudly just by knowing a single greeting in Hindi.

"Is this Rhea? Fricking adorable!" Miranda rushed towards her and grabbed her hand.
"Hi! My name is Miranda Starling. Your skin is so soft! What do you put? And your eyelashes are so long. Your hair is nice too. You're totally my type!"
Rhea looked confused.

"Don't mind her. She's bisexual but she isn't dangerous, not yet" Ember glared at Miranda.
"Don't worry. I have been shipping you people for years so I won't be a bitch in the ship,"
"What does she mean?" Rhea asked Ember who quickly decided to change the topic by introducing Mark Baker to her.

"Why did she call you her fiancé?" Rhea asked.
"That's because I'm her fiancé," Ember agreed shamelessly.
"Right?" Miranda smiled as she grabbed Ember's arm. Rhea looked sad and Ember didn't feel comfortable looking at her like that.

"We don't like each other like that though. It was just our parents' decision when we were toddlers, for business purposes," Ember explained.
"I'm already dating Maple," Miranda smiled.
"What?! What the hell is going on in this world at this day and age!" Rhea shouted.
"It's true. They've been dating since...a few months?" Ember confirmed.

"If he is committed to someone, why does he flirt with other girls?" Rhea asked.
"I don't mind it. As long as he returns back to me, I can take up all his flaws," Miranda smiled.
"It's not a flaw though. He can control doing that yet he doesn't. It's just called being an asshole," Rhea mumbled.
"He is one," Mark heard her, "That's why I told her not to date him but who listens to me"
"Please Mark, I don't wanna have this conversation again," Miranda shushed him.

Chuck was ready to leave for Nason immediately. All of them sat in the car and left for Nason.
When Miranda found that Maple wasn't home, she fell to the floor.

"You idiot! You could've cracked your head open!" Mark shouted.
"You can wait for him in his room. I'll give you the keys," Ember chuckled. Suddenly, someone stepped on her.

"Oh Pardon, I didn't know we had a new human doormat around here," Loraine said as he stood on her back with a file in his hand.

"Loraine! Seems like you've gained weight. Your ass looks thicker" Miranda looked at him. Loraine stepped on her face "Stop looking at sexual areas,"
"Can't be helped if it's hot,"
"Ew ugly," He stepped away and she got up "Huh! Ugly? Let me tell you, all the boys of our school are after me," She smirked.

"Women who claim that a lot of men are after them should remember that only the cheapest price attracts the most customers," Loraine smirked.

"You still haven't changed and I still fucking love you," Miranda squealed.
"I will never change" Loraine turned away.
"I'm sure someday someone will change you"
"Well," Loraine gave the file to Ember and looked at Rhea "Good luck to that person,"

Rhea nervously smiled and waved at him. He ignored her and flicked her forehead as he walked out of the reception.
"Ow! He should stop doing that, it friggin' hurts!" Rhea rubbed her forehead. Ember smiled and rubbed her forehead.

"It's okay. He's just not used to people so he's just a little nervous and confused. Give him some time. Trust me, he is the friend you earn and not just get around like that," Ember said.
"I've earned you too though," Rhea looked at him. Ember paused and looked away. Then he smiled "That's nice to hear,"

Miranda cleared her throat "I hate it when people flirt in front of me while I can't flirt with my boyfriend,"
Ember blushed and moved away from Rhea. She grabbed Rhea's hand "Let's have some girl talk!" Miranda grabbed Rhea's hand and ran towards the lift. Rhea ran after her and turned back to look at Ember. He smiled and waved her goodbye.

Miranda took Rhea to the guest room which was a huge hall with painted glasses decorating the walls. It had a huge chandelier at the centre and two pairs of sofas beneath it. Rhea sat on one of the sofa's whereas Miranda sat on the sofa opposite to her.

"Tell me, why do you like Ember?" She asked as she removed her shoes and pressed her feet on the sofa, making herself comfortable.
"We're just childhood friends," Rhea fiddled her fingers.
"I see,"

"And you? I really want to know why you like Maple. How did you meet?"
"When I was thirteen, I was really into a girl. I loved her very much and we started dating. But one day, she asked me to break up because I gained weight so I looked fat. And then, I met Maple and he was like, "I love fat girls, they soft and squishy,"

"And I started crying. I love him so much,"

'She looks deprived,' Rhea thought.

"But you said you don't mind if he flirts with others,"
"It's a poly relationship,"
"...You're just fifteen,"
"Yes, and that's why we're chill. It's not some serious relationship. We are just having fun, we are teenagers. Who is serious at this age?"

"Really? I think it's a pretty big deal here,"
"Well, that's just Indians for you," She laughed.
"Perhaps. We are pretty serious about relationships, I mean, at least I am,"
"I can understand, honey. If I had Ember, I would want to keep him forever too,"

"Why didn't you date him that? You had the chance to,"
"I don't want to date someone who can't even run," Miranda said, "I don't want to live in a hospital,"
"...What? But he can run. I've seen him run,"
"Really? Wow, what the hell!"

'This girl is so weird...And hospital?'

. . .

Rhea laid her paintbrush on the paper and rolled it horizontally while the paint slowly fell down vertically. She was painting a winter morning. Neel sat beside and stared at the painting being decorated with colours. She used different brushes for different details. There was a different thickness for different brushes.

She looked at the glass paintbrush and looked at Neel, "Thanks for this paintbrush, Neel. You gave it to me even when you "hated" Ember,"

Neel smirked as he looked at her, "Why not? Death too must be earned,"

. . . 

"Ember! You're okay now?" Miranda asked him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.
"What do you mean?" Ember asked.
"Rhea said you can run now,"
He chuckled, "As much as I used to,"
"Oh...I thought you were all good now,"

He smiled at her, "I'm comfortable,"

-To be continued

Miranda Starling Can't I Touch Your Heart?

Miranda Starling
Can't I Touch Your Heart?