Prologue: Tsunayoshi di Vongola

It was drizzling outside, and silence spread upon that grand mansion of Vongola as their leader lies limply on his bed... staying still, no longer breathing.

Timoteo di Vongola a.k.a Vongola Nono finally breathed his last after some bullets pierced upon his body. Next to him is a boy. no less than 9 years old, staring at his grandfather figure with an unreadable expression.

Taking a step back, next to his most trusted man, Reborn, he lets the doctor covered the old man's face with a white cloth. Another soul has gone.

"Come on, Reborn, we have things to settle," The brunet said with no single tear present on his everlasting stoic face. Afterall, he has known not to easily show emotions to the world. However, that hitman who has spent his times to train the boy since day one, could see right through his strong mask.

Well, Not that anyone would notice...

"So, what are you planning now, Tsuna?" that Fedora man asked, acting casual respecting the boy's effort.

On the other side, having thoughts of this scenario for years, Tsunayoshi, or the one that prefers to be called Tsuna, easily answers. "First of all, I'm going to notify Varia about this. Xanxus hasn't heard from the old man since the incident. I'm sure he would be willing to come even though he said he wouldn't."

Humming a little, Reborn knew that it wasn't all. Curious about what his youngest student has in mind, he decided to just ask. "what's after that?"

"We finish the funeral first thing tomorrow then we head straight to Japan..." Tsuna replied shortly.

Raising a brow, Reborn asked again, "Homesick?"

This time, Tsuna shook his head "Not that..." he replies, sparing a glance at the tall hitman. "I have this feeling... that I'm going to meet my soon-to-be guardians there"

Not expecting this answer, Reborn then asked again, "What's with those people that Nono had chosen for you?"

"-the one that Iemitsu had chosen, you mean..." Tsuna corrected before then answers him, "They are fine. Basil especially..." he trailed.

"-Then?" Reborn asked again.

"I just don't feel it with them..." said Tsuna.

"Feel it?"

"Yeah..." Tsuna said again, "All of my fellow sky guardians and even Enma had told me that when they found their guardians they just felt the bond they shared. Like they've known it at first glance. And I don't know whether they were trying to mess with me, but I just can't seem to trust my 'guardians' other than Basil. Therefore I decided, and Nono had approved, to find my own guardians"

"-And they will be in Japan?" Reborn mused. "Was it that alien in your head who suggested it?" 

At that (g)old joke, Tsuna rolled his eyes, "It's called Hyper Intuition. But anyway, yes. Yes, it was... you were the one who taught me on depending on it, and besides, it has never wrong before. So Japan It is. And you're going with me... that's an order"

Smirking at the first order given by his new boss, Reborn bowed respectfully as he replies, "Yes, sir Decimo."

-and so, not minding that it's in the middle of the night, the two left the mansion, starting their journey in search of the scattered guardians...