On Air

By the time they were about to reach Vongola's private airport, it was 8 a.m. in the morning...

Reborn was the only one who didn't get even a blink of sleep among the three, four with Leon that he's been petting the whole way through. and since it's about the time to wake the other two passengers, he then called for both.

Mukuro, still slightly under the sedative's effect, woke up rather slowly. But being a light sleeper on the first place he immediately took alert of his surrounding, only once he realized that he's safe and truly out of that depth of hell that he relaxed his tensed up muscles for a bit.

Tsuna on the other hand...

"Are you okay, kid?" Reborn asked as the brunet woke up from his slumber rather sluggishly than he usually was.

"I'm fine..." -but one thing that Reborn know the best about him, is that if Tsuna ever said that word, specifically 'I'm fine', then usually it was the opposite, if not completely. Though, him trying to denies it was also one of the sign that he could still put on a front. Which is good...

"It's really taking a toll on you, huh?"

Humming a little, Tsuna then replies casually, "Don't worry about me. I'm fine. The ring's doing its thing..."

Now, you must be wondering just what is with the ring?

Well, at this point, that ring held a big role on Tsuna's health. Why, do you wonder?

Okay, so the thing is, when Tsuna was only 3, his sky flame would often to flare up just randomly where on the next day he would immediately catch a bad case of cold. It was later revealed that if that frequently repeated then it could just kill him one day.

Not that either of his parents noticed that times. It was only when he was 5 and that time Timoteo, who was the ninth and the current Vongola don that time, was visiting Japan when he witnessed it himself. And sensing just how dangerous the situation was to the young Tsuna, spontaneously he seals the boy's flame away. In which, that was a rather reckless action and probably one of the biggest mistakes he ever did.

Why?

Because sealing someone's flame was a forbidden move itself, with the reason that it could ruin the balance of that someone. for how long, no one knows.

But what Tsuna knew, is that without the 'balancer' ring that was custom made for him only, he could have died. Though that's not exactly the worse part...

Now, the worst part is, that he couldn't use his flame. at. all. while wearing the said ring.

And that's just fucked up knowing that, you're living a dangerous life, of deep side of the mafia, and potentially got killed in a war of flames, when you cannot use your own flame to even just defend yourself.

But, he's getting used to it...

Afterall, he's been trained by the world-known number one hitman, the almighty sun arcobaleno, Reborn himself.

And it was no excuse that he was only getting used to all of this flame thingy moreless last year. He could live without it. He'll survive in the worst scenario only with a handgun.

Still though, if it's a matter of life-and-death, not his own, you may take a note... he would usually forget the rule or just break it to save a total stranger. Exactly like what he did to Mukuro.

Yeah, but anyway...

-Stepping out of the limo, it was only then that Mukuro noticed the vongola crest that now surrounds him. Like, literally. EVERYWHERE...

"You guys are part of the mafia?" he scowled because certainly, he has heard some couple of things about this so infamous mafia group. Afterall, being kept as a lab rat of one sick famiglia, he was bound to hear about other famiglia.

How hadn't he paid any attention before?!?

Well, he'll just blame it to the drugs...

"Oh? well yeah, Not that I expected you to know about what's in-depth, considering we're also famous in industries world" Tsuna answered before he quirked a brow. "Why?" he asked.

"I hate mafia..." Such a straightforward answer but he's not distancing himself what so ever. He just states it. This time, Reborn commented on it.

"So, you're coming or what?"

Thinking rationally, he puts aside all of his hatred as he nodded. Afterall, there's no way he would be able to get back to Japan without any ship or plane. Which of course, just barely survived from those lunatics tails, he has no money to do the task. So, by any means, he'll try to trust these people enough until he landed safely at his homeland. Therefore he nods.

It was a long trip to Japan, which practically half of a day itself, where during thus time Tsuna told Mukuro to take some extra rest while he went to his own place doing paper works. And yes, despite his young age he has been trained to do much of work.

He was expected to be the youngest don in any mafia history afterall. Though, leading one of the biggest mafia famiglia by the age of 9 was far from their expectation. He was glad that he's come prepared 2 years prior.

a prodigy, forced by circumstance to become an adult.

Sad indeed, but that's life. His life...

So baring his teeth, he'll suck up all of his whines and become the man the world expect him to...

"Hey..." a call snapped his attention from the papers as he then motioned the hitman to take a seat before letting him speak up once again.

"You're supposed to get some more sleep. You barely had any blinks the last 3 days, and you tired yourself pretty badly yesterday, I don't want to deal with you passing out" Reborn said.

Sparring a glance, Tsuna then turned his focus back to the paper at hand as he replies, "I have enough of rest at the hospital. I'm doing okay. And you don't have to deal with me passing out. When you ever did actually?"

Not getting the response he wanted, Reborn said again, "You look exactly like how Xanxus describe you that last time."

"I'm not that bad..." Argued Tsuna, though eyes scanned more papers instead.

"Oh yeah? say that again after you see this" Reborn said, handing the young boss a hand-mirror. Where Tsuna sighed exasperatedly before doing as he was told and softly gasped afterward.

'Mio Dio...' and Reborn was making a face that says 'I told you', in which that smirk annoys Tsuna to no end.

"Well okay, I admit, I look terrible. Still, that doesn't change the fact that someone must finish these papers" he tried to make a point but Reborn had enough. So scooping the squirming boy from his chair, he effortlessly threw him to his bed.

"Now, sleep..." he orders while Tsuna glared at him.

"You don't babysit me anymore, Reborn. I'm my own person now. I'm your boss. That's the deal..." And Reborn know that of course. It's just...

"Just go to sleep" he sighed, despite how it was so uncharacteristically of him. This kid will surely be the death of him.

Luckily, this time Tsuna complied for his request. Mostly, because of his own fatigue and secondly, he doesn't want to feel that massive headache once he woke up because of the 10 tons Leon-mallet that forced him into the dreamland... Not again...

Well, he just hoped that his tiny body will get fully recovered by the time he woke up...