Behind his mask

Nearly 9 months after the coronation day, and a year since that chaotic incident. Vongola was able to track down the mastermind behind that ambush and annihilated him along with everyone else included— Xanxus had admitted that he and the rest of Varia were having a great time butchering them to pieces. No one really wanted to look up the meaning behind that. Most likely because they meant it in the most literal ways.

As for the Vongola itself, not yet a year passed, but people of Sicily has known the better side of the said famiglia, all thanks to this Neo Vongola Primo who's miraculously unknown as he was never seen by the public, not even once.

Rumors were spread, that the new don was a young man, probably in his 18, tall, and very handsome looking— or at least, that was all they can assume after taking a good look of the new set of his guardians.

Known as the kindest man alive— a saint, some is actually wondering of what had happened to the last boss, Vongola Nono, or even his grandson that he used to bring along for sightseeing.

Some conspiracy theories were made. People were convinced that either they both are dead or currently somewhere in the warmer part of the word, enjoying the retirement as this new guy took the place.

At least, peace finally settles within his reign...

What they don't know, however, is the fact that the said grandson is actually the one pulling the strings.

A few months to his eleventh birthday, Tsunayoshi di Vongola, the youngest boss in the mafia history, is currently reading one of the report files he just received.

Eyes scanning the tiny words, he hummed in response, "No victims, and low damage, great job, Takeshi" he praised the swordsman with an approving nod. Yet, the raven can only slip a forced smile. All because he knew that the boy himself didn't mean any of it.

Tsuna has never been his genuine self ever since. The one who laughs with them, who's being sarcastic as hell, nor he longer the person who'd awkwardly shows his affection.

The boy is different now. And it has been like this ever since that day...

Tsuna is distant, and he made it so obvious that he's avoiding them. Message crystal clear, but they're still trying.

Shamal, being the person next to the infamous number one hitman to know about the young sky well, had asked them to be patient, because that kid is just trying to protect himself, whatever that means. Xanxus had only admitted that he's seen this pattern once. While Reborn? He's not one to be asked, especially not when he could always be seen around the brunet in question. Seemingly already got the other's forgiveness despite they too are no longer as talkative.

The guardians are slightly— just tiny-winy-bitsy jealous of him.

The reason?

Simple. Despite how it's true that they had proved themselves worthy of The Arcobaleno seals and even getting acknowledged by the first generation, the brunet just never seemed to be as close anymore. Slowly trusting them with hard tasks, missions, and frankly his own life, but never with his thoughts.

Tsuna has always been quiet if it's not about the job, and being his stubborn self, he seems like he won't give in no matter what.

No laughter, no smile, no reaction whatsoever...

Always pushing more and more works onto his back. Drowning himself in piles of papers if not to attend various important meetings.

In which, if there's one more thing they noticed, is how he refused to show himself to his people and changed his image completely.