One Last Hope

Chained in the depth of his own consciousness, there's one Sawa- I mean, Tsunayoshi di Vongola. The young sky who's waiting for the end to his story.

All worn out and hurt... 'Where are the devils anyway? Shouldn't they be here to drag me to the hell by now?' He pondered himself. For once letting the self pity to sinks in.

Yet just then, pretty much put of nowhere, that gentle voice called out for him...

"Hello, Tsukkun..." --boy, he should have known.

"Tsuna-nii~! Long time no see!"

Too familiar. Still too painful to remember...

"We meet again, Tuna-fish..."

Why? Why are they even here?

Lifting his head with a mournful look, he can see beyond the bars that caged him still, there stood his family.

Her beloved mother...

His ever so cheerful twin brother...

And even his secretively protective father...

Maybe this is the punishment of al the sins he had done.

"Hello everyone..." his voice is raspy and cracked as thousands emotions raging deep inside. He can't control the tear that's threatening to fall. What a pity...

There, just a feet away from him, they're waving their hands in glee. Their smiles seemed to be everlasting, knowing that they are together even without him.

"You can be happy too, Tsukkun. Join us and free yourself." The small hand of his brother is reaching out for him. But the force upon his body was too strong, he's unable to move let alone stand from where he's at. Strapped tight to his doom.

"I... can't." Tsuna mutters bitterly.

"Of course you can! Nothing is impossible!" He hears his father cheers.

"But I really can't..." he let out a whimper.

"Come on, Tsukkun... don't you wanna be with us?" His mother asked in plea, but Tsuna can only let his tears stream down freely.

"I'm not the one in control, okay! I'm just a puppet! Even if I wanted to, I don't deserve to be in the same place as you..." the hurt in his voice he has is on pair of his broken heart. Yet still he smiles though with a clenched jaw and his tiny fists. Afterall, he has no other choice but let go after years of holding them back.

"Just leave..."

What a joke, right?

He knows that he's about to die, yet a piece of him still wanting to be alive. Craving to the touch and need of being held by the warmth of reality. The embrace of his deatructive yet ever so lovely family.

Supposedly he was destined to meet the death in his early age, but is it a crime if he asked for a second chance? To actually live a happy life... Will his selfish prayer would even get to be heard?

He pulled his knees closer, hugging himself from the lack of comfort as the chains clinking upon the slight movement...

Painful.

Waiting for the death is painful.

His small frame shook in rigid at the pain that creeps in. Honestly, he doesn't want to give up, but there's really nothing for him to do. So, closing his eyes, he's resigning himself to be the puppet of fate till his very last breath.

***

All the meanwhile...

Back in the real world, people anxiously gathers in front of the surgery room, waiting for any news upon the soon to be Decimo.