Picnic gone wrong

19th June XXXX

So, today was Tsuna's last day in Japan as he must go and visit some other countries before his coronation day, next week. In all honesty, Tsuna already forgot the main task of his stay- To find his guardians. And what makes it worse, was the fact that Reborn wouldn't be there and helped him with the matter seems that he's needed by his fellow Arcobaleno.

Sighing to the side, it seems like he doesn't have any other choice but agree with the people that have been chosen by his father and Vongola Nono. Well, at least, he is familiar with Basil. He'll make it somehow.

But anyway, as the Author-chan just mentioned, today shall be his last day before he needs to focus on his job as the new leader of Vongola, he'll likely won't be back in a few years. Therefore, he wanted to make today memorable for not just him, but his new friends whom he'll be surely missed once they are apart.

Today's schedule was nothing but a friendly field trip and picnic. You know, like what family do. Because if anything, no matter they deny it, This bunch of chaotic people is the closest to a family Tsuna ever dreamed. Not that he would ever admit it out loud... or at least not now.

a rare yet genuine smile bloomed on his face as he saw the sight in front of him...

Lambo, Fuuta, I-pin, and surprisingly Ken, who play tag as they run around the green field; The trio Takeshi, Hayato and Ryohei with their loud bicker; The girls, Hana, Kyoko, Haru, and Chrome (since that girl refused to be called by her real name, Nagi) and their giggles as they gossiped among themselves; Chikusa could be seen sleeping peacefully on the side; And of course, the most destructive duo, Mukuro and Kyoya who somehow thought that it would a be a great idea to spar each other whilst picnicking... Tsuna just assumed that they don't understand what's the idea of resting.

But yeah, all in all, it was such beautiful scenery, that young brunet felt like in tears. He didn't know that he's actually shedding a tear until Chrome pointed it out.

"A-Are you okay, Tsuna-kun?" worry was evident in her tone, but Tsuna hasn't yet noticed why she even asked.

"Hmm? I'm fine, Chrome-chan." Only later he noticed when Kyoko's finger brushed his cheeks, making him finally notice the wetness that he missed. By then, the trio has stopped their friendly argument as they stare. Though, before any of them could ask again, Tsuna has beaten them to it as he put Kyoko's hand away from him... Another smile bloomed on his face, this time, it's much bigger and noticeable.

"I'm okay, really. It's just... I never felt this alive, you know? My life has been so dull for so long, I thought I have forgotten how to be happy. But then, here I am. Seeing you all, smiling, bickering, and just simply having a good time, I just wished that I don't have to leave..." Tsuna chuckled breathlessly. 

Not liking the way he said it, Takeshi asked with a frown, "And why did you say that? I mean, you can still visit us when you are less busy, you know?" -it's not like you're 'drifting away' right?

The unspoken words were heard, however. Afterall, Tsuna has learnt how to read people's mind through their gestures. Yet, all that the youngest ever did was smiling forlornly, "who knows? It might be years before then" he let out a humorless chuckle as he felt the forgotten dull ache in his chest getting stronger ever so slightly. The ring's effect is slowly fading away, and only he himself knows about it. He didn't tell Reborn nor Shamal for they already have enough things in mind. 

One thing for sure, he could feel his own core flame shrinking ever so slightly. So who knows? he might not even survive his first year as Vongola Decimo.

And as Vongola's doom is nearing the only way to prevent it was to do his very best and stable the whole thing before the angel death came for him. Which by that, Tsuna for sure has zero time to even think on going back to Japan just to visit them. So far he knew, this could actually be his last time together with them...

But he won't say a thing. Not to anyone. Not until he breathed his last.

Therefore he smiles, just smile.

Hayato was about say something more about it when all of the sudden there is a loud explosion. Dangerously close to the playing children.

"Lambo! I-pin! Fuuta!" Tsuna screamed the names while the said kids were screaming back in total horrid. Coming out from the forming thick smoke was Ken who dragged the kids -Fuuta's head was bleeding while Lambo and I-pin was unconscious-.

All of the boys were on high alert upon the sound. And to say, the sight of their injured fellow has triggered something inside of them. Even Kyoya and Mukuro immediately escorted the four to where the rest of the group are, already set in mind to agree on working together even before Tsuna asked them too, without complaining a thing either.

All the meanwhile the brunet himself clicked his tongue. 'Of all times, someone just have to attack me now?' He grumbles under his breath as the gear on his head worked hard on calculating the best way to get out of this situation without causing more harm.

Well, they could always fight together, but the thought of the girls and the kids got even more hurt if he ever let his guard down was scaring him more that the thought of how likely he might got killed himself in this battlefield.

Should he call for reinforcements? -But his men would be all too late by then. He couldn't call for Reborn, Varia or CEDEF either, since they are all currently in Italy. And calling for Cielo would be useless as much he knew that the ginger boy fight well.

In all honesty, he could always try and handle these people just fine while Mukuro, Hayato, and Kyoya ensecure the rest of their savety. But even so, Tsuna is still out numbered. Using his hand gun alone wouldn't be enough. There are just too many of them. Who are these people even???

Clicking his tongue once again, there's no time to ponder about that. This call urge some extreme action, and that's exactly why he toss away his ring, replacing it with the one that Verde made him though it was especially forbiden to be used in his current condition. Beautiful pure sky flame could be seen dancing on his forehead and surrounding them in what seemed like a dome as his most trusted black cloak could be seen elegantly hanging on his shoulder...

'Mantello di Vongola Primo'

He had actually missed Natsu so much since it has been a year since he could summon the sky-lion. But he knew that this is not te time to greet the fluffy creature as Tsuna needed it more in this form.

After making sure that Kyoya, Mukuro and the injured ones has returned to their little circle, Tsuna's eyes sharpened at the incoming enemy. Which, with this, he promised himself not to held back like he always. Afterall, how dare them hurt what's his. He is beyond enraged.

So, fuck with the Omerta. Fuck with all of the rules...

'No one messes with my family'