1st Guardian: Mist

It's been too long since he got to wake up by himself and not rudely awaken. It was odd but satisfying. Afterall, that only means that he has successfully escaped. Now, to find his friends...

Eyes bleary open, the first sound he heard was some even beeping sound while the first scent that he caught is the smell of disinfectant. And though he has been into labs for some couple of years, this one doesn't smell as bad. Still, it alerts him at some point.

"Hey, hey! stop it... you mustn't move just yet! you'll rip your wounds open!" a voice said as he felt a light push, stopping him from jolting up.

"huh?" his sight is blurry, but as soon it's clearing up, he can see a blob of brown hair owned by the same kid who pushed him down.

"Relax... you're safe. we're currently in a hospital. And though we have fixed most of your injuries, some are still in need of time to heal, so just stayed still." The brunet explained again with a calm demeanor. Unexpectedly to the teen himself, he calmed down despite knowing that he's in one of the places he hated the most, hospital.

"Now, can you tell me your name?" The boy asked again...

Well, despite on not really knowing why, but the boy's voice is so captivating that it helps him soothing his nerves. Somehow he feels safe around him. Therefore obligately he answered...

"Mukuro..." He's not used to call that name as his, especially on the opposite order of how it was supposed to be. I mean it has been years since he's nothing but subject #069. And it was even weirder that he actually mention it to this... this stranger... Just who is he??

"I see... No Surname? can I call you Mukuro then?" a nod as the boy then continues, "Well, Mukuro, my name is Tsunayoshi Sawada or Tsuna for short." he finally introduced himself.

Humming a little, Mukuro noted the name. "was it your parents who saved me?" -because somebody has to. But apparently, it was not the boy's parents.

"No... it was my driver who first found you." Tsuna said.

"To be honest, we were about to hit you with the car right before you fell to the ground..." he said again. "But yeah, anyway... how do you feel?"

"like a piece of shit..." That indigonet doesn't even care that he's practically cussed in front of a child. Not that Tsuna would mind. Living in mafia has taught him those words way earlier than this, though not intended. It's just bound to happen.

"Figures. But we need something more specific to be told the doctor" Tsuna repeated his question. This time Mukuro gave him his desired answers.

"-noted. Well, I'll leave you for now. Just take a couple minute of nap, and I'll be back with the doctor, okay?" another nod and the brunet left the room while Mukro fell into the darkness once again...

.oOo.

The next time he wakes up there was indeed a doctor checking on him with a frown, which the cause behinds it makes him wanted to punch the man.

"Seriously... a weekend, and this is how I spend my day? I should be with Miranda-chan today!" he grumped in Japanese with an ugly pout, in which, hilariously, someone scolded him for it... also in Japanese.

"So you prefer to waste your days doting on poor women than fulfilling my call? Should I just fire you for that Shamal?" an effective threat that the said doctor was not prepared to hear. Afterall, he was sure as hell that the brunet just left the room. And what's worse, that hitman is next to him, smirking, clearly enjoying this.

"Ah-ha... ha ha... not that Tsuna. Of course not! I'm just mumbling to myself..." -such a lame excuse that Mukuro finds it hard not to meddle.

"It's clear enough that he's an incompetent doctor. Maybe you should just fire him indeed," he said, with a weak smirk. Accepting the fact that no matter where's the boy's parents, from the conversation alone, it was obvious that Tsuna is respected. Might as well be a young master of a rich family of sort.

Well, he's not wrong...

"Oi!" Shamal exclaims but was ignored as Tsuna cut him off. "Ah, Mukuro... you're awake. And, I noticed that you understand us?" he asked.

"I'm Japanese..." Mukuro shortly replied and Tsuna hummed.

"I see... Anyway, as you have heard, that's Dr. Shamal and this is Reborn" The hitman tilted his fedora as Mukuro give a nod of acknowledgment.

Tsuna turned back to Shamal, "So, how is he?" he asked, putting aside the matter before. Afterall, he has a schedule to catch up. But first, he needs to make sure that the indigonet is safe enough to be left by himself.

Following the flow, Shamal flipped his papers, "Well, thanks to the sun flames on his IV and to adding of your sky attribute running in his veins, he's healing fairly fast. which at this rate he can leave after resting for two more days." he reported in France so that Mukuro wouldn't catch up. Afterall, he doesn't want to get arrested by Vindice for exposing the mafia to any random civilians. If only he knew...

Humming in content, Tsuna then said, "Very well then, keep up the good work. I have my phone 24/7 if something comings up. I'll leave him in your care."

"Oi, oi! where are you going?" asked Shamal who's obvious enough that he's reluctant to do the task.

"to Japan..." Reborn answer him as he was about to turn his heel.

"Did you just say Japan? Can I go with you?" Mukuro immediately said upon hearing the name of the country. At this, Tsuna stopped for a while as the hitman also stopped next to him.

"Listen, I understand that you wanted to get back to your homeland so badly. But-"

"Now, you're wrong... It's not like that. I have to check on my friends. I told you that I was originally Japanese, didn't I? I was kidnapped there along with my friends. However, we got split up when we attempted to escape. So I must go to know whether they succeed. Because if not then I'm going to save them" Determination on his eyes. And in that split of a moment, Tsuna feels something bubbling inside him. It's almost the same as back then when he first saw the indigonet, however, instead of pain, it's warm this time. He stunned.

Thinking about the possibilities, he later turned back to the doctor, "Well, what do you think, Shamal?"

"As long he doesn't do anything drastic and keep on consuming the pills then I don't see why not." -though most of the reason is that he just wants to get rid of Mukuro. He's not a fan of babysitting and this boy will be handful he just knew it. He might change his mind if he was a she. a cute she at that.

Yeah, anyhow...

"Well, if you say so. We'll be leaving as soon you can walk again, Mukuro." Tsuna decided. In which, that just encourages the one-eyed teen (because his right eye is currently bandaged, have I not mention that?) to do the exact thing.

Walking casually to the boy, he then asked, "Shall we go now?"

And so, after receiving the rest of Mukuro's medicine, the three then proceed with the journey...