Please Hold On

Half an hour isn't that long if it was just any ordinary days but when you're on a battlefield, each second counted to decide the lives and deaths.

And for someone who always has yellow in his life indicator from the very day of his birth, war means code red all the way. And as far he could tell, he can die at any moment now. Which is even worse with every passing millisecond.

But he can't give up now. His friends needed him. Fortunately, the enemies have been decreased by 85% there are only a few dozens left. And supposedly, 30 minutes are more than enough for the reinforcements to found them and do the rest.

--ah, speaking of that...

"M-Minna! The help is here! They're finally here!" One of the girls-- which Tsuna can't tell who's among the talkative three-- shouted.

And truth to be told, they can hear some shot guns from afar. The bullets weren't aiming at them for an exchange. It was nice. They can finally take breathing...

Tsuna, however, finds himself too out of it to actually notice his surroundings over the fact that they'll soon be saved.

Arms spaghetti, Knees turned to jelly, as his little frame fall in a less grace than the sakura petal, that brunet can feel himself drifting away...

Numb, but painfully slow.

He might be dying for real. Or maybe he was just sleepy. He can't really bring himself to care.

A slim chance of him fulfilling his role, the big dream of bringing peace upon mafia. He could somewhat see the disappointment in Reborn's face and the others. Big talk and no bite. Maybe that's all he ever was to the world.

But even so... his friends are safe. And that's all mattered. Indeed, it's not the whole world. Still, he was proud that he's able to defend his small cozy home...

Tsuna had been wondering all these years whether anyone would mourn over his death. Or will he be all alone again, back to zero points? Then again, likewise, does that even matter? He's not even officially the Decimo yet. So, he's likely not been able to join Primo and the bosses with their afterlife c***.

'Alone will I be...' he thought to himself, eyelids getting heavier than it should, 'oh well... if that's what I'm destined to be, then so be it...'

At last, the young superhero closed his eyes, resting his torn out body with a weak yet genuine smile plastering his face...

'Sayonara, Minna...'

***

Among those who came as reinforcements, Shamal was one of them. In which, he came for one purpose only. Therefore, sharpening his sightings for the lookout, he went all around just to find that certain brunet in these piles of rotten corpses.

"Hey, you there!" He called out. "Do you happen to see a brown haired boy? Short, feminine, and resembles a bunny?"

The questioned raven sweatdropped, but answers anyway, "Tsuna was somewhere over there. I can't really walk and help you right now, but I figured that he might be lying around after that big blasts he released. Man, that still surprises me" Yamamoto said rather carefreely, but then he was actually taken aback when the underground doctor cursed out loud.

"--@#$/&#, That idiot!"

Making his way to the appointed direction, his guts take a few turns in discomfort. A rare feelings to him, but usually that was like some kind of bad omen. And per se, he was so not looking forward to seeing the damage that his idiot patient wields.

Yet just like that, he found the said boy, in the middle of the field, lying on top of a corpse, looking lifeless himself.

a big gash across his chest, a hairbreadth escape below the heart, blood oozing out from there as well some other injuries. Putting aside the flesh wounds, however, Shamal was even more worried about the boy's cores balance. His heart is beating. Barely, but it's there. A good sign for once.

Fishing his phone out his pocket, he called for Reborn's number. Certainly, the hitman has heard about this and already on his way back. No matter how batsh** crazy the situation over there, when it comes to Tsuna, that man would fly across the world in an instant.

"Did you find him, Shamal?" Reborn asked as soon he picked up.

Not beating around the bushes himself, Shamal answered him, "yeah, I did. Chest slashed and body littered with scratches."

"The good news is, his flames are healing himself although in a slow possess. The bad news is, he seemed to lost his ring, and has clearly been overusing his flames, the exact way we told him not to..." the doctor reported with a clenched jaw as he silently gestured the medic team to come over.

"I'm doing my best to help him with his injuries, but if we can't find the gems replacement, then I'm afraid that--"

"Shamal..." the hitman chimes in, "I'll take care of that. Don't worry and just focus on fixing him up. I'll be there soon"

"Hurry..." and with a grunt as his reply, the line was cut off.

As the medic carefully takes the injured sky away, Shamal can only be by his side, forlornly staring at the dying boy.

'Tsuna... We're going save you from this agony soon. So, please, hold on a bit longer...'