Chapter 11: Beetroots are purple...

I walk back into the corridor with Bubbles by my side after getting changed. I'm still mad at her but its hard to be when its..... Bubbles. To punish her I've decided to bug her about Callum.

"I told you! He's too needy and too gross!" Bubbles says. Now she knows exactly how I feel. 

 "Mmmhhm," I raise my eyebrows at her and she huffs, storming off. I plug my headphones in and walk to my locker. I see Chloe and Kate walk up to me. 

"SO, I heard you got it on with Alex last night," Chloe wriggles her eyebrows at me. 

"I didn't! That frog-headed Bubbles decided to lock me in there with him with the help of Callum," I huff, slamming my locker. 

Meghan walks up to me and joins the conversation, beginning to ask questions, I sigh, turning my music up high, drowning out the surrounding sounds, and nodding at Meghan when she says stuff, not even knowing what it is. I see Chloe and Meghan's eyes light up and Kate's eyebrows rise, I mentally groan, probably shouldn't have nodded.

"I hopped off the plane at LAX, With a dream and my cardigan, Welcome to the land of fame excess, Whoa, am I gonna fit in?" I sing loudly.

I see Chloe sigh, wanting to get the gossip, but Meghan and Kate look at me strangely, I tilt my head at them and sing louder.

"Jumped in the cab, Here I am for the first time, Look to my right and I see the Hollywood sign, This is all so crazy, Everybody seems so famous," they keep looking at me strangely so I shrug and keep going. "My tummy's turnin' and I'm feelin' kinda home sick, Toooooo much pressure and I'm nervous, That's when the taxi man turned on the radio, And the Jay Z song was -" Meghan yanks an earphone out of my ear,  and I yelp, holding my ear.

"Sorry," Meghan says, but I don't think her apology is sincere. 

"That was the best bit," I complain, trying to take back the earphone but Meghan pulls it away, shaking a finger at me, I realize Chloe is staring at me strangely too. 

"YOU CAN SING!" Kate yells at me, I blush, so this is what the looks were about.

"Well - um - everyone can sing..." I say, turning and stuffing my earphones and phone in my bag. I play with the Eiffel tower key chain on my backpack nervously.

"Yeah, but you can like sing.... supernaturally," Chloe waves her hands around and Meghan nods.  I shrug and walk off faster, the others walk after me.

"So you look stunning and your singing is stunning?" Kate asks. I blush.

"I can just sing well, not amazingly," I say. They keep looking at me and I raise my hands in a 'what?' gesture.

"We just... didn't know you could sing! That's all," Chloe says. 

"But its just singing... Why're you all still looking at me strangely!" 

"You're like Taylor Swift," Kate says.

"Katy Perry," Chloe adds.

"Meghan Trainer!" Meghan keeps it going.

"Beyonce!"

"Adele!"

"Britany!"

"Demi Lovato!" 

"CARDI B!" Meghan yells. We all turn to look at her. She shrugs. "She can probably rap too."

We raise our eyebrows. 

"What's happening?" Bubbles walks over. "Wow, Nat, you look like a bright red beetroot!"

"Beetroots are purple..." I mumble.