Chapter 26: Thanks For Being an Amazing Chicken Wing

I stretch out on my bed, opening my eyes to the bright light streaming into my new room. Thank God for the holidays! I get up out of bed and walk over to my cupboards. Checking the time, my eyes bulge out of my head (i think) when I see its 11:30. I'm supposed to be meeting Noah at the movies at 12:00!

I hurry into the closet and take out a cropped Adidas shirt and some sports leggings and throw them on. I take a green bomber jacket that does down to mid-thigh and quickly put it on s I rush out of the room. My hair is still knotty so I tie it into a messy bun as I run down the stairs. I grab my keys and sprint to the car, Oh, dammit, it's 11:45! I unlock my car and drive out of the garage. 

I race to the movies quickly and it takes 5 minutes to find a park. "Shoot," I say as I check the time and see its 12:00. I dash up the escalator and run my hands through my hair after taking it out of the bun its in. I finish ripping out the knots with my fingers when Noah walks over to me. I stuff my hair tie into my jacket pocket and push my bed hair behind me. 

"Hey Nat," he gives me a kiss. "You look nice."

"Thanks?" I say, thinking of my hair. "How was your day?" I ask this because obviously, some people don't sleep in until 11:00 and actually do productive things in their mornings.

"Oh, alright. Just been doing some football training," he shrugs.

"You have to do it during Christmas break?" I say. Woah, dedication.

"Yeah," he says and take my hand, walking me towards the popcorn stand. We buy our tickets and walk into the cinemas with frozen drink and a medium popcorn each. We sit down to watch the ads. Noah pulls something out of his pocket. "I bought you a present!" he says. 

"Oh! Thank you! I got some stuff for you too," I say and pull the jersey out of my hand, giving the wrapped package to him. He unwraps it and looks at it. 

"Thanks, Nat!" he says and hands his present to me. I unwrap my gift and see a bottle of perfume. I smell it. Oh, God, it smells like cricket's poop. Does that smell like anything? Well, if it did, it'd smell like this. I smile at Noah. I think it might be a mix between women's perfume and men's cologne. 

"Thank you," I say and put it into my bag. He leans across his chair and kisses me. If he wants this date to be a make-out session I'm leaving right now. We are sitting up the back and this is a pretty crowded cinema...

Oh no! I just wanna watch the movie! We're interrupted when some people walk down the aisle and sit next to us. I pull away from Noah and look at the two people sitting next to us. 

"Alex?" I say. 

"Hey dude," he smirks. 

"What're you doing here?" I whisper.

"What do you think? Watching the movie, obviously!" he says quietly. I see a lock of brown whip around from the other side of Alex to face me. 

"Natalie," she says.

"Hi Amanda! How's your day been?" I say brightly. She glares at me then whispers something to Alex. Who nods but rolls his eyes when he turns back to talk to me. 

"Girls," he shakes his head. 

"Hey! I'm a girl!" I hiss, offended. 

He shakes his head, a small smile on his face and turns to look towards the screen. "You're not just a normal girl, Nat," he whispers. 

I blush, thankful that the cinema is so dark. Alex doesn't seem to notice this and he continues talking, looking back at me. 

"What'd he get you?" he says, looking at the wrapping paper on my lap and glaring up at Noah.