Chapter 31: He Messed With The Wrong Goat

I wake up to the sound of soft breathing and the smell of Alex's cologne. How does he smell so good? I'm laying directly on top of him and his strong arms are wrapped around my waist. My head is resting on his chest and my arm is right next to it. There's a blanket around us and we're lying on the couch.

I lie on top of him for a few more seconds before trying to push myself off him without waking him up. Its doesn't work. His arms wrap tighter around my waist and he pushes my hair out of my face, looking down at me.

"Did you sleep well?" he whispers, tucking the wisp of hair behind my ear. I nod into his chest. He holds me even tighter and I put my face in the nape of his neck.

"We didn't finish Star Wars," I mumble. He chuckles.

"We can do that another day," he says. We lie there for a couple of minutes before I hear footsteps around the corner. I press my self closer to him, not wanting any of his family members to see me.

"Alex, I think I left my-" the high-pitched, girly voice says and I stiffen when I hear it. Alex wraps his arms around me tighter. "What are you doing!"

"Calm down, Amanda," he says.

"Calm down? Calm down! How could I possibly calm down?" she yells.

"We didn't do anything," he says.

"I'm the only girl you should be hanging around with! I'm your girlfriend! You need to tell both that cow and Natalie Bennett to stay away from you! I'm your girlfriend!" she squeals. Alex's hands wrap even tighter around my waist.

"This cow is actually my younger cousin, Amanda," he says smoothly.

"Wha-what?" she stutters.

"My cousin, Amanda. So, what did you leave here, exactly?" he asks. Amanda mutters something and stomps off. I scramble off him and stand up, tugging on the bottom of my jumper.

"Alex!"

"What? What else was I supposed to do?" he shrugs. "Tell her you were Felecia?"

I contemplate this before grabbing my phone off the table. "You're leaving?" he asks.

"I think I should go before she comes back down," I nod in the direction of where Amanda stood. He nods and hops up off the couch. "Are you guys doing something today?"

"No, why would we-" he stops. "Oh right. No, we're not hanging out."

I laugh. He seemed to forget he has a girlfriend. "I'll see you later, babe."

"Bye, dude," he says. I wave to him and walk out of the room.

Felecia is making her breakfast in the kitchen. I walk over to the counter and lean against it. "Hi Felecia."

She looks up at me from where she's pouring her milk into her cereal. "Hi Nat," she grins wickedly.

"What's with the intense look?" I ask her.

"Are you and Alex finally dating?" she asks, sitting down beside me with her bowl. 

"No!" I say. She cocks her head the side and raises her eyebrows. "We're just friends."

"Friends that sleep together on the couch. Right," she says. I blush.

"Friends can do that! We were having a movie marathon," I tell her.

She just raises her eyebrows again and takes eats her cereal and milk off her spoon. "I can't wait till you're my sister-in-law," she says. I raise my eyebrows at her and shake my head.