Chapter 54: Maybe He Only Likes Potatoes Because He Looks Like One

A/N: People! I actually uploaded a YouTube video of the song Alex sings to Nat. I wrote it myself and my amazing, magical, legendary, talented, awesome, phenomenal and fantastic friend wrote it. She's Gucci guys. AND SHE THINKS HER VOICE IS BAD. people! She reads this book. comment on what you think of her AMAZING voice! The song legit has no rhythm and I wrote it at 9 o'clock at night. I got a D+ in music twice, so don't expect it to be Billie Eilish amazing. But ma friend came up with a tune and sang it. THANK YOU YOU AMAZING AND BLOODY LEGEND. 

(listen to the recording (the banner))

I quickly run out of the restaurant, Alex's voice carries all the way. I wipe my tears away feverishly with my jacket sleeve. Maybe I'll come back later, but for now, I'm out of that place. 

My phone buzzes with a text from Meghan.

You ok hun?

Rosie said you don't have to come back. She said to take a break and return your uniform on your next shift. 

Hope you're all good, sis. 

I smile through my tears and stuff my phone in my pocket. I unlock my car and hop in. The air con starts when I push my key in and pull out of the car park. I drive along the street until I reach another road. I turn down it and make my way home. 

***

When I get home I collapse onto my bed. I kick off my shoes and pull up my covers. 

I'm woken a few hours later by my phone buzzing. I groan and pick it up. It's a text from Bubbles.

Get on Instagram, boo!

What?

CHECK IT MATE!

Ok.

GOOOOOOD!

I swipe up to go home and click on my Instagram app. I scroll through my feed and check my follow requests. And my messages. Nothing stands out. 

I text Bubbles.

What is on there?

Go to Alex's profile. 

I can't. I un-followed him. 

butt. 

I'll send it to you. EMAILS. 

K

I shut off my phone and walk over to my desk, with my MacBook open on it. I log on and click on my Gmail button.

I wait patiently for a new email. A few minutes later I hear a ding and an email pops up from Bubbles. I click on it. A video file is uploaded. The message has no subject or text, so I click on the attachment. I hear Alex's voice from behind a camera and see my face on the screen. I'm smiling through my hands, which are blocking my face from the camera. I'm wearing my swimsuit and the waves are crashing behind us. I laugh when he says: "Stop!  You're way too gorgeous to hide your face," and I push my hand onto the camera. Guitar music stars playing over the top of the video until it finally stops. It moves onto another video of me climbing the rock and he laughs in the background. I place my hands on my cheeks and my elbows on the desk, eyes welling up with tears. 

"You don't see me the way I see you," I hear Alex's voice and my tears spill over. There's a video of me throwing my head back and laughing before the image fades away. 

"You don't care about me the way I care 'bout you," he sings, a melody he's strumming on his guitar. A tear drips onto my desk as I watch him take a photo of me standing by the ocean, looking over my shoulder and smiling at him. "That much is true."