Epilogue

"Bye!" Bubbles hugs me.

"See you," I grin, hugging her back.

"You'll Skype me every day with Adele?" she asks.

I nod, grinning. She looks over to Alex behind me, saying goodbye to his Mum and Dad.

"Alex!" she yells. He walks over, smiling and wrapping an arm around my waist, kissing my cheek. "Aw. You guys are too cute. Now, you listen here, Mister. Treat ma gurl like a ray of sunshine, OK?"

"I sure will, Bubbles. She sure is," he said, smiling at me. I smile back and lean my head against his shoulder. Bubbles grins at us.

"Now go kick butt at Oxford!" she says, pushing us away. Callum comes up to her and kisses her. I smile at them as we walk away.

***

"You ready?" Alex asks me as we sit down.

"Sure am," I reply.

He holds my hand as he taps on his phone, waiting for take off. I look out the window anxiously.

"Hey, babe, what's wrong?" he asks, looking at me with worry.

"I don't know. It doesn't feel right. Leaving," I say, sighing.

"We'll be back to visit. Don't worry," he said, taking my face in his hands and rubbing his thumb over my cheek. I smile at him and we kiss. The warning to put on our seatbelts comes over and we do so.

I curl up next to the window.

"I love you, Babe," I say.

"I love you too, Dude," he says back, taking my hand in his as we fly off.