Chapter 29: Paolo from The Princess Diaries

a/n: The picture above is kind of what she'll wear but it'd be less revealing and the skirt would be more.. out there at the waist and it'd have a low back on it. ok, anyway...bye! 

"Tut, tut, tut," Meghan shakes her head at Chloe. 

"No?" she says, looking in the mirror at her braided hair.

"I like it!" says Bubbles. 

"I don't," Kate says. 

"Its ok," I say, looking up from yet another message from Amanda. 

Tartarus is waiting for you 😂😂😂

"Its ok?" Chloe raises an eyebrow, patting her hair down slightly. 

"I think you'd be better off with a bun," I say and slip my phone into my bag. 

"Yes! A great suggestion, my dear," the stylist claps his hands and beams brightly at me before walking over to Chloe. 

Bubbles' parents hired us a stylist to do our make-up and hair. Her parents are really chill and have gone out for the night. They only told Bubbles to send photos and us to behave ourselves before they left. They also took her younger sister, Faye and her older brother, Michael out with them. 

The stylist - Nathaniel, is wearing a load of makeup and, as Bubbles confided, "he acts like Paolo from the princess diaries."

Nathaniel has with him a tall, skinny blonde that hands him his curling irons and brushes. I wonder how much Bubbles' parents paid for someone this professional. 

The stylist combs the brush through Chloe's hair as Meghan, Bubbles, Kate and I chat amongst ourselves. The first subject of the conversation is Justin Beiber and then Shawn Mendes. Then we discuss Hailey Baldwin's new name and our opinions on her. And then we chat about our Christmas gifts and the homecoming dance. 

"You're still going with Noah, Nat?" Meghan sighs. 

I laugh. "Well, yeah, who else would I go with? Noah's my boyfriend."

The others look at me with despair before Chloe side eyes me and yells, "Alex, of course!" 

I roll my eyes and take out my phone, opening my Instagram and liking my feed. I scroll down a couple of posts and see a picture that absoulutely disgusts me. 

"What is it?" Bubbles bounces over to me. "Ew."

I scroll past the gross post before Kate comes over. "Oh, bring it back! What was it?" 

"Just a gross post," I mutter. 

"No! What was it," she scrolls up. "Oh, honey."

"Oh, honey?" I repeat, looking up at her and furrowing my eyebrows. 

"Yeah. Alex and you are meant to be together, not him and ... her. You should be the one he's taking to homecoming. You should be the one kissing him there, and you know it!" she says and I roll my eyes. I like the post and move on. 

"YOU LIKED IT?" Bubbles screams. 

"Yeah," I say. "Why not?"

"Because... because- BECAUSE!" she yells and I laugh. "You can't like a photo of your boo and his girlfriend."

"Why not?" I say, and think it over. "Actually, I'll unlike it because I hate that idiot."

"YOU SAID WHY NOT? YOU ACCEPT HE'S YOUR BOO! JOY TO THE WORLD, NATALEX IS REAL, WE KNOW THEY LOVE EACH O-THER. BUT WHAT ABOUT AMANDA? WE'LL FLUSH HER DOWN THE LOO-OO AND ROUND AND ROUND SHE'LL GO AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND SHE'LL GO A-AND ROUND AND ROUND SHE'LL GO!" Bubbles screams and Kate, Meghan, Chloe and I burst out laughing. Bubbles just smiles happily and walks over to survey Nathaniel's work.