Chapter 27: What is she? French?

Something's not right. 

I look around wildly, the white sheets tangling me. Woah, what's happening? My alarm clock reads 7:30, but the sky outside is dark. I walk over to the curtains and draw them back. 

Wow. 

The outside of my glass doors shows nothing. Nothing but white. White. White. White. Flecks of white sprinkle the ground outside as I admire the view. Then I realise something: 

IT'S CHRISTMAS! Yay!

I look out at the view for a couple more seconds and contemplate going out onto the balcony when my phone rings. I walk over and answer the call when I see its from Mum. 

"Hey. Merry Christmas!" I say happily. 

"Merry Christmas, honey!" she mimics my tone.

"What's the plan for today?" I ask.

"Well, I'd like you downstairs in fifteen minutes. Where what I'd like you to, please Nat, its in your closet. You don't have to wear make-up today, but make sure that your hair looks nice, please. We're going over to the Collins' to unwrap presents, from there we're going to somewhere for lunch and then we're going to mass. Afterwards we're going to dinner at a very fancy restaurant."

"Woah," I say, raising my eyebrows. "That's a load of stuff."

"Be in the living room in fifteen minutes, bye!" Mum says and hangs up.

I walk over to my closet, scared bu kind of eager to find out what Mum has laid out for me. I see the white dress Meghan bought for me paired with a red jacket. That's alright. She's laid out some silver hoop earrings and strappy red high heels. I groan  when I see the shoes. 

I put the outfit on and walk over into the bathroom. Attaching the earrings to my ears, I look at the hair curler in the top cupboard which is opening a bit. I sigh and take it out. I might as well do it now otherwise Mum'll be mad and send me back into my room to do my hair. I start curling it and finish within ten minutes. I quickly brush my teeth, brush out the curls into beach waves, add a clip to put it half up-half down, pull out some strands to frame my face, grab a silver purse Mum gave me, strap on the dreaded heels, and make my way downstairs clumsily.

 I quickly brush my teeth, brush out the curls into beach waves, add a clip to put it half up-half down, pull out some strands to frame my face, grab a silver purse Mum gave me, strap on the dreaded heels, and make my way downstairs clumsily

a/n: that's not the jacket! And i made that because I was bored and procrastinating. Actually, writing this chapter is me procrastinating! Wish me luck for History, maths, religion and english thanks maties! I'm out.

I walk down the stairs, proud of myself for not tripping over. 

"Oh, and there's Nat now," I hear Mum say. I walk down the stairs, chucking my phone into my clutch and trying to look like my feet aren't killing me. Did you know that high heels were first meant for men? Well, I wish it stayed that way...

Mum, Michelle and Jackson wave at me. Dad is talking to Felecia, Lucas and Paul about something and they're all giggling. 

My stop when I see Alex. Well.... DAMN.