Chapter 55: Sorry my boys are annoying you

Shortest Chapter of the whole book! Last one too! Have funnnnn!

"Shush!" Amanda whispers to me fiercely, glaring at me from behind the bookshelves. We're creepily watching Noah and his friends joke around at the computer.

"This is stupid!" I glare back at her. She rolls her eyes and moves a book out of her way for a better look. I start to walk away when she grabs my hand and pulls me back. I sigh and lean against the bookshelf. "Why don't we just go with the old plan?"

"Because... shhh! They're coming!" she says, trying to look cool and running her hands along the book spines. I roll my eyes. Noah's friends walk over to our aisle and wolf-whistle at Amanda's mini skirt. They try and flirt with her while I look through fiction books. Noah walks into the small area and pushes his friends away from Amanda.

"Stop it," he says. Amanda turns and gives him a genuine smile.

"Hey Noah," she says. I close my eyes and roll them, so no one can see.

"Sorry my boys are annoying you," he places an arm on the bookshelf above her and she hides a smile.

"Its fine," she says, still directing her focus on the books.

"See you at the big game on Friday," he winks, referring to the football grand finale. Amanda hides a smile and nods as Noah and his friends walk away. I let out a sigh and move over to stand beside Amanda.

"So, the big game on Friday?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Obviously. And you're coming too. The after party will be my opening, I think," she says. I roll my eyes. "I hope you realize you're coming with me, right?"

"What?" I say, turning my focus towards her. "No, I'm not."

"Yeah, you are. And Alex will be there, so it's a win-win," she shrugs, pushing the spine of a book further into the bookshelf.

"No, it's not! It's not a win-win, it's a lose-lose!" I say, exasperated.

Amanda laughs. "You're coming."

I roll my eyes. I know for sure that I will definitely not be going to that game.

***

I'm lying on my bed on Friday, while all my friends are at the big game. Alex's light is turned off, so my curtains are open. Mum, Dad, and the twins are at their soccer camp thing for the next two nights, so I'm home alone.

My phone buzzes and I snatch it off the desk, answering. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me," Amanda says on the other line.

"Yo. How's the game?" I ask.

"Good. Alex isn't playing. I wish you were-"

"Wait. He's not playing?" I interrupt her.

"No. I don't know where he is. Anyway, I have news... Noah asked me out!" Amanda says excitedly. I laugh.

"Good on him. I'll see you later, OK?"

"Ok, bye Nattie!" she says as I hang up. Nattie? Where does this girl come up with this stuff?

A knock sounds at the door and I tie my hair into a bun and shrug on my hoodie. "COMING!" I yell, sprinting down the stairs. I trip on the last step and jump onto the floor, scoffing at myself. I am such a clumsy idiot.

I brush my hair behind my ears and swing the door open. "He-"

I stop when I see Alex standing there. He's holding a bunch of flowers and has his leather jacket on with a white T-shirt on underneath.

"Alex, I thought you were at the game?" I say, sounding like I'm Lily Collins in Love, Rosie when I say his name, my accent sounding stronger than usual in my current state.

"I-I- No. I can't play. I can't. I'm sorry, but I can't play. My mind's too cloudy with thoughts of you. I'm sorry. I promise I'll leave if you don't love me back. This is the last time, I promise, everything is repeating itself, Nat. I only dated Amanda to make you jealous. I deliberately got a bad mark in my French exam to have you tutor me, just to spend more time with you. I'm in love with you, Nat, every single moment we spend together just completely, totally makes me fall more. I don't care if you don't feel the same. I'll find a way to get over you. Maybe one-"

I step forward and press my lips on his, one of my hands on his jaw, the other on his cheek. He drops the flowers and wraps his arms around my waist. Our lips move in sync together and he pulls me closer. I move my hands into his hair and he kisses me harder. The kiss speeds up and we pull away for breath.

"I love you too, Alex," I whisper, my forehead on his. His breath hitches and he blinks at me.

"For real?" he asks. I nod and he grins, pushing his lips back on mine. I smile and wrap my legs around his waist. He walks inside, kicking the door closed.

We lay down on the couch and finally pull away. I run my fingers through his hair and stare into his blue orbs.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too," I whisper back quietly. He grins and pulls me on top of him, burying his head in the nape of my neck.

"Why'd you push me away?" he whispers.

"I was scared. I don't want to lose you. And I don't deserve you," I say. He holds me closer.

"Don't be scared. The headmaster told me this morning that you got into Oxford," he says.

"WHAT?" I spring up and he huffs with the weight put on his lap as I sit up. I turn around and straddle him. "What about you?"

"I did too," he grins, showing his white teeth.

"What?" I ask again, totally confused.

"I'm paying. I put in an application. Not a scholarship application. Just a regular one," he says. I wrap my arms around his neck and we fall back onto the couch.

"How did the school allow it?" I ask him, my head buried in his neck.

"I dunno. But they did," he says. I grin and kiss him again. We lay on the couch together, our breath mingling. I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

"I love you Dude," he whispers, running his hands through my hair. I smile and fall into a deeper sleep.

______________________________________________________
SHAHSHWSAHWSHWAQHAHAAH