Chapter 12: Calm Your Compost Bin

I walk into school on Thursday with Meghan, Bubbles is sick. I explain yesterdays events to her as we walk.  We step through the school gates and immediately notice something is off. 

"Oh, dear God," Meghan says beside me.

"What is it?" I get really panicked and my heart rate increases.

"The rumors have started," she says. I burst out laughing. "Why're you laughing?"

"I thought you were going to say something like: the aliens have come to take over earth and here they are. Or, pigs are starting to fly and they're watching it on their Facebook."

"Yeah, I don't think you'll be laughing when you hear what, or rather, who, they're gossiping about."

My face turns pale. Has everyone heard I'm going on a date with Noah Ross? I only told Adele, and Bubbles somehow knew. Maybe it was Noah. But Glenna also heard us and so she might've told everyone...

"Yeah, its about you," Meghan tells me, nodding and leading me through the crowd of people. "How many people did you tell about Noah?" she turns her head to me and asks. 

"No one except Adele, but Bubbles somehow knew," I tell her.

"Who were you with when he asked?" 

"Noah, we were doing this French thing with Glenna as well," I reply.

"Yup, it was definitely Glenna."

We walk into the corridor towards my locker. I feel an arm snake around my waist. "Why the f*** are you going on a date with Noah Ross?" Alex asks me. I turn to face him as we walk, in his blue eyes there's a hint of an emotion I can't put a name to. 

A/N: SORRY, ALEX SWORE. I'm tryna keep it PG 13 here.

"Because.... I can?"

"But, dude, what about me?" he pouts.

I laugh. "You're not hot enough."

He seems shocked for a second before he smirks, "And you, mister, need to go to Specsavers."

 I shove him into the nearest locker and he smashed into it before wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "But, of all people, why Noah?" 

"He seems nice..."

"Just... make sure he doesn't hurt you," he lets go of me and walks off, hands in his pockets, eyes downcast. I stare after him confused. 

"Trouble in paradise?" Kate sidles up next to me. 

"What?" I come out of my confused state and face her.

"Why aren't you with him?" Kate says. "He's such a good guy."

"I don't know."

***

I walk home the following day and throw my bag onto the couch. 

"I'm home!" I yell.

"No! Not jigglypuff!" I hear Bubble's voice. 

"Pikachu!" my brothers scream. I walk into the living room. 

"Nat! jigglypuff can't die!" I can see Bubbles is on the verge of tears.

"All of you are to old for Pokemon, Paul, Lucas, go study," I shoo them off and they poke out their tongues. They're 11, they shouldn't be doing stuff that only 3 year olds do, like poking out their tongues. I give them a stern look and they pout, walking away. I turn to Bubbles.

"But-but-but- jigglypuff," she sniffles.

"I'm sure Pikachu saved him," I roll my eyes.

"NATALIE! JIGGLYPUFF IS A FEMALE!"